Photos: Cork, Saturday

Have been to Cork yesterday, the first time I paid this course a visit. The track is located around 30km off Cork City though, it's a less than 3h drive from Dublin and pretty uncomplicated to get there. It was day one of the annual Easter Festival at the track. It surly was a rather unfancied day however, with more or less decent flat racing on offer. There was no big screen, and the crowd was really local and the track everything but not overcrowded. Yet it was a nice, relaxing atmosphere, the sun clearly helped. The track itself is small, even by Irish standards, despite featuring two stands. The course is a flat oval with a 3f long home straight, seems really fair to me. I really liked the track anyway. It's all small but for that reason extremely cosy and you're close to the action. DSC_1647_zpse9a8bd3b.jpg Danehill Brook DSC_1608_zpse0e1fea6.jpg Rapid Applause - trainer said after his impressive debut: “He’s the best horse that I’ve had anything to do with." DSC_1699_zps7a02258e.jpg Pat Smullen - small like a child, yet allowed to enter the parade ring DSC_1618_zpsdca57eb7.jpg Harp on Commital DSC_1669_zps88aceac1.jpg Racecourse scenery DSC_1721_zps0df282f8.jpg Exciting finish in the feature 10f Handicap - left to right: Chapter Seven, Cardinal Palace, General Brook DSC_1650_zps91cc0dbc.jpg Focus On Venice - nice winner of the 6f Handicap, after being off he track for almost a year DSC_1747_zpsa66ecdfa.jpg Fiosrach +Indy Gal - first and second in the Apprentice Handicap DSC_1733_zps16e95402.jpg Parade Ring

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.