Rupert's Notebook

Whilst continuing my original thread I'd like to keep an eyecatchers/notebook thread on the side for the season. I will update with horses who catch my eye and then subsequently back them next time out with varying degrees of strength (depending on how the next race is likely to suit etc). Obviously there will be some overlap with my other thread (I'm guessing many of these will go in there too) but hope this is acceptable enough as a thread! Horses in the notebook may be kept on after their next run or removed from the list. Let's see whether promise can turn into profit! Notebook Mylaporyours - 2yo trained by Rod Millman. Made debut at Windsor 14/04/2014. Having been sent off at 9/2 (well supported), showed speed over the minimum trip to hunt up the leaders but was badly hampered on numerous occasions when trying for the inside run. Lost all chance but kept on in the closing stages without being asked many questions at all. Backers likely to try and recoup their losses next time out. (Wanted to add another but it was a few weeks ago, forgot to put him in my tracker and just seen he won next time...albeit only at 9/4!)

Re: Rupert's Notebook Here's Herbie - Susan Gardner trained hurdler who progressed in handicaps and ran today at Cheltenham. Had been running over 2m3f and 2m4f but looked more then ready for further and shaped really well in a hot race today. Travelled strongly and looked a big threat between the final two flights. Tired out of it but looked like a horse remaining in form and eased back down a couple of furlongs to around 2m6f and it will probably be his perfect trip. Hopefully we'll get that next time out.

Re: Rupert's Notebook Koolala - Travelled supremely well to trade at 4/6 in the run in a competitive mares handicap hurdle at Cheltenham yesterday. Was up there throughout, jumped slickly and just about led over the last before fading into 4th up the run-in. I'm not sure Paul Webber's horses are thriving at the minute (horses not finding much off the bridle) and is well worth chancing again with the way she moved. Also those who came to the front in the race tended to be held up so the effort can be upgraded further. Perhaps a flatter track would help too but looks capable of winning next time.