Help please with fine tuning football strategy.

Hi guys. I'd like to pick the brains of some of the bright sparks on here. Its a fairly obvious first part. I'll use some examples from last night. In the first half market,lay 0-0 for £3 at 3.2,liability £6.60. Back 0-0 in cs market for £2, at 13.00 (£24 green). First half goal its happy days £1 profit less commission. Say its goalless at half time. You now have a potential£24 (less comm of course) to recover your lost £6.60. The only way I seems to me is to trade the cs market. You could bite your nails for a few minutes until the over 0.5 market reaches a price whereby you could put your 0-0 green on and scratch your trade but that is just gambling. Any ideas chaps?

Re: Help please with fine tuning football strategy. This sounds similar to famous Slicer's bet, a set of three bets similar to yours; first two bets would produce a profit if there was a goal in first half, while one would need to place third bet at half time if first half was goalles. Many tried - and failed - to discover the third bet, and many others, including myself, believe it was just marketing gimmick, and there is no way to secure the profit that simply. I say "secure" - you can gamble more or less, like in your example, waiting for the odds to come in, or, like expert in Slicer's bet that we used to have here proposed, laying unlikely results, such as AUQ or 3-2 or 2-3. But that's just betting, and not sure bet that you're looking for. I don't say there is no absolutely win-win situation for you; but I believe it's not regular occurence, it just happens here and there, and you cannot find unique, standardized bet that will give you profit each time. Additionally, given that myriads of bots trawl betfair, looking for sure bet opportunities, I think you stand no chance against them - when such an opportunity appears, they will already use it even before you spot it. That's just my two pennies, though - I remember it was interesting to think about Slicer's bet, so you should continue your research as long as it keeps you interested! :OK

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.