BBOTD > Friday April 4th

Aintree 3:05 - This is a very competitive renewal of the Melling Chase with Radjhani Express and Module the current joint favourites at 5/1 a piece. The Waley-Cohens will be on the crest of a wave as they already won the Crabbie's Fox Hunters Chase by 13 lengths with their new purchase Warne. Sam gave that horse a terrific ride from the front and no doubt his confidence will be sky high after that success. The horse itself ran a cracker when 3rd to Dynaste in the Ryanair a few weeks ago and he also finished 5th in the Paddy Power before that. He can be backed at 5/1 with Bet365 but he looks a tad high in the weights off a mark of 158 and he will have to produce a brilliant run to win this. Although he has not won for three years now and is an 11 year old, I think the Nicky Henderson trained French Opera looks a tempting each-way price at 25/1 with Coral. He went off a 33/1 chance for the Grand Annual a few weeks back but ran a belter when 5th to Savello just behind Claret Cloak who ran a fine race today at Aintree. He has winning course form which is also a plus and although he could only manage 5th in this race back in 2011, this years renewal does not look as strong. Master Minded won the race that year and there is no horse of that calibre in this field. Henderson is a master trainer and I think this horse can put in a big run at a hefty price tomorrow. Tom George had a winner at Aintree today so clearly his yard is in decent shape and there is no doubt Module is a very classy horse. He ran a good race when 3rd to Sire De Grugy in the Queen Mother Champion Chase a few weeks ago and is entitled to go well once more. I backed Wishfull Thinking last time out and he has seen some market support here but he really disappointed me last time out and I was hoping he would be a bigger price to be honest. Ballynagour was unbelievable in the Byrne Group Plate at the festival where he eased to victory but he is not a horse to trust and normally follows a win with a stinker. I have had a small each-way bet on French Opera who should not be too far away jumping the last. French Opera WIN @ 25/1 Coral

Re: BBOTD > Friday April 4th 4.15 Aintree It’s a sub-standard Sefton in my eyes and many unexposed horses in the field and difficult to weigh up the different form lines. It may pay to side with those with experience in this class and Seeyouatmidnight has a lot going for him. He beat a decent field last time and stays well. Beat That could be the danger coming back after a break and is highly regarded by connections. Selection 1pt Seeyouatmidnight 4/1 Stan James

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.