Flat Racing 2nd April (Southwell, Lingfield & Kempton)

3.35 Southwell Strange looking handicap with a few unknowns in this field but one has caught my eye. Great Demeanor has shown nothing on flat or over hurdles recently, dropped to a good looking mark but needs to show more. Pretty Bubbles has proved extremely costly to follow this winter, beaten favourite 5 times from last 8 starts. Well held last time out and now tries this surface for the first time since a maiden run here last August and didn’t overly convince on surface. Wyldfire only has a maiden win to his name but that came at this time last year when fresh, has dropped a long way in the weight since then but when last seen badly out of sorts and yet to try an AW surface. Midaz has shown little in 4 runs to date including on handicap debut when not going unbacked last autumn at Kempton. Also had a maiden run on this surface showing nothing so clearly risky but still early days from a respected yard. Im Super Too doesn’t have the best record fresh and one try here wasn’t inspiring. Fair Wing has form around here and has dropped to 6lb below last winning mark and has top apprentice jockey taking off 3lb off. The main concern is this trip is possibly too far on this surface wins have come over 6f and 5f and always shown speed around here. The one that interests me in a race full of questions is Real Tigress impossible to make any sense of her form in Spain to this country but it is interesting they have decided to start her off on this surface given she has form on heavy ground in Spain and that usually translates around here. Also she has gone well fresh in the past. 2pt win Real Tigress 5/1 bet365 4.55 Lingfield As far as I am concerned this race has a false favourite simply based on connections and jockey booking, finished last season badly out of form but slipped to 2lb below last winning mark. Its worth noting all 3 wins have come in small fields so that is atleast a bonus today but clearly has something to prove for now and no great shakes fresh. Mias Boy is consistent but not a regular winner these days and losing stretch is stretching back now, this mark is extremely feasible but this trip stretches him and will find it tough. Ree’s Rascal won fresh last year but is still 1lb above last winning mark and all best form has come at Kempton. Syncopate was narrowly beaten last time out 1lb higher mark today, been a little inconsistent recently and just as likely to throw a poor run here. Dandy was soundly beaten on one try on this surface and has a poor record fresh easy enough to swerve now. Appease is lightly raced and been running ok this winter without winning since September and looks interesting stepped back up in trip. Veeraya is another interesting runner stepping up in trip. She has shaped well in 3 starts for this yard and has twice run as if a step up in trip would suit. Shelley Birkett has ridden Lingfield really well a couple times this winter and I have said it before but I feel she is an apprentice to watch this summer. 2pt win Veeraya 13/2 bet365