** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Froch v Groves > Saturday May 31st

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 31 May 2014[/TH] [TH]Boxer 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Boxer 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=align: center]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Froch, C v Groves, G (22:00 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.66[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]30[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.64[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.21 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Froch v Groves > Saturday May 31st Have got on Groves early here, was at the last fight and Groves definitely looked more hungry than Froch. I'm a big fan of Froch but it just looks like all these brawls that he's had that have lasted the distance are just starting to catch up with him. If Froch is anything but 100% Groves will take this easily in my opinion and it could be the end of the Cobra.

Re: Froch v Groves > Saturday May 31st Honestly not sure where my money, if anywhere, would be going on this. The one thing I can be fairly sure of is that Froch would have to get the KO to get the win. I think Groves should have learned a lot from the first fight, and if he did heed the message, and dominates the early rounds in similar vein to how he did the first fight, I'd hope he'd avoid the blood rush and blowing himself out. I'd actually want to see him showboat a bit, dancing, the winding of the hand before punching etc, just to display how far technically superior he is to Froch to the judges. I'll wait for all markets to be up, but I'm thinking about the overs/Either fighter in rounds 7-12 or,Groves by decision. Maybe I might even avoid betting, because having money on it might just spoil my enjoyment of what is sure to be a very memorable fight, hopefully for all the right reasons this time around.

• 2 months later...

Re: Froch v Groves > Saturday May 31st 4pts C.Froch to win by stoppage 11/8 William Hill This is a fight the whole world is looking forward to but I find it difficult to see what else Groves can do other than pace himself better so that he doesn’t tank late on and wins the fight on points. I’d be surprised if he stops Froch, nobody else has in Froch’s career and Groves can’t catch him any better or cleaner than he did in the first fight. I don’t personally believe Froch can be any worse than he was in Manchester and although he won the fight he’ll probably feel he lost it such was Groves’ early dominance so he can prepare for this fight as if he is avenging a loss. We’ve seen him do that against Kessler and I think he will have made the necessary changes to stop Groves in style here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/froch-vs-groves-betting-froch-can-stop-groves-for-a-second-time-on-saturday-night

Re: Froch v Groves > Saturday May 31st Undercard previews: 2pts B.Gonzales to beat J.DeGale 4/1 Stan James Promoters often claim fights on their undercards are 50/50 fights and most of the time that is a load of baloney but I’m not convinced that is the case here. I think this is very much a 50/50 fight and if anything the edge could be given to Gonzales so I’m astounded that he’s as big as 4/1 to win. Gonzales has been in with a couple of highly rated unbeaten fighters in his last two fights and he’s still unbeaten. DeGale hasn’t seen a competent opponent in three years which can’t be ideal preparation. I’m a big fan of Chunky’s but I can’t ignore the value on his opponent here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/degale-vs-gonzales-betting-american-challenger-looks-great-value-at-wembley 3pts K.Mitchell to win by stoppage 3/1 Betfred For as long as I can remember Kevin Mitchell has been talked up as a potential world champion. Finally the penny appears to have dropped with him and he has looked really good in recent times and I fully expect him to get the job done here and quite possibly in some style. Maduma may bring some pressure early on but I think Mitchell’s class is still a bit underrated, as is his power and he can warm up the Wembley crowd with a knockout win here. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mitchell-vs-maduma-betting-kevin-mitchell-can-set-up-world-title-shot-with-a-stoppage 3pts J.McDonell to win in Rounds 7-12 7/2 Paddy Power The first thing that was obvious to notice at the weigh in on Friday was how McDonnell towered over his Thai opponent here and that has to have an effect the longer this fight goes on. McDonnell isn’t really known for his amazing punching power but I can see him winning this with a stoppage. He brings a lot of pressure in his fights and I’m not sure Rachawat will be used to that so I expect the Yorkshireman to ground down the Thai and win late on. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mcdonnell-vs-rachawat-betting-jamie-mcdonell-can-win-world-title-with-late-stoppage

Re: Froch v Groves > Saturday May 31st I''ve never liked Froch as a fighter as he gets caught far too often but I was surprised he got knocked down by Groves in the first round last time out. Groves caught him clean and square on and you have to give it to Froch to come back from that and stop Groves all be it very controversially. I honestly believe he took Groves too lightly last time out but that he is a class above Groves. Time may have caught up with Froch and I Don't think he has too much left in the tank but if he boxes the way he did against Bute he can beat Groves easily within 9 rounds.