BBOTD > Wednesday March 19th

Re: BBOTD > Wednesday March 19th Haydock 3.10 - Alderbrook Lad 10/1 Bet365 BOG This is probably a race I should stay away from given that all of the horses are very unexposed but I cant help but get the impression that this one is very overpriced compared to quite a few rivals who havent actually achieved a great deal. He jumps boldly and accurately out in front (will suit Haydock) and despite his recent form on soft/heavy he was always thought of as a summer horse and one that would ideally be suited by better going. He hasnt had his chance on that ground for his new trainer (best form for old trainer was on good) so despite improving a bundle already this year, there could be a lot more to come from this horse as the ground dries. He also shouldnt be too harshly viewed on his 22l 3rd LTO as he looked to be going the best before his stamina gave way over further. Of the rest, Oscaratara didnt achieve much on his chasing debut and didnt jump that well either. The winner looks a solid type and if the form is based on that horse it would still make this mark slightly on the high side but I wouldnt deny that this point winner is likely to prove better than that at some stage. Clondaw Knight is a horse I quite like and may have been a little unsuited by how the race developed LTO (suited those up with the pace and hit one when getting into contention). He didnt really look to be staying on like a horse who will suit further and whilst I do think he is capable off this mark I wouldnt want to test that theory at 3/1. Rocking Blues last run has worked out well, but there wasnt much before that (albeit possible excuses due to trip) and I would like to see him back that up. Bincombe looks overbet having won a couple of weak races despite being really poor twice in between and I'm not sure he is consistent enough to be risking 2/1. The 6th horse is an unknown but given his P2P form was PU/F I wouldnt fancy that sprining too much of a surprise on his chase debut.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.