BBOTD Wednesday 5th March

7.00 Kempton - Alnoomaas 1pt @ 10/1 Bet365 I was interested in Alnoomaas last time out when midfield in a 7f handicap here but think he looks an even better proposition back over 6f tomorrow. His C&D record reads 1-1-1-2 with the most recent 2nd off a mark of 74. Therefore running from a mark of 65 and from a better draw than last time out he looks a very solid bet at around 10/1 in my opinion. He also drops in grade to a class 6 race (albeit a strong one) so considering he has been performing with credit of late in marginally better company I expect a big run. Also worth noting he was very well backed in his penultimate run so I can see him cashing in off this mark before long. He can blow his chances by pulling hard and doesn't look the easiest of rides but if anyone is going to get a decent tune out of him Luke Morris will. Blinkers applied for the first time hopefully that will help him settle better too.

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 5th March Kempton 6:30 The ex Sir Michael Stoute trained Persepolis looks too big a price here in my opinion at around the 22/1 mark, now trained by Brett Johnson. This horse went off a 1/5 favourite in a maiden at Sandown last summer and bolted up by 12 lengths so he clearly has plenty of ability. He ran very well at Lingfield in December when he was 3rd to Karam Albaari over this trip, only beaten over a head. The trip of 1m4f was too far for the horse last time out, stepping back to 1m2f and now dropped 4 pounds in the weights back to the same weight as his Lingfield run he has to have a solid chance. He has a decent draw in Stall 6 so fingers crossed for a big run. Persepolis WIN @ 22/1 Bet Victor

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.