Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617]

[TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Chelsea v Galatasaray SK (19:45 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]5.2[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]8.6[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]99.82 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th 4pts Chelsea (-1.25AH) to beat Galatasaray 1.90 BetVictor Chelsea will go into this match still smarting from a defeat to Aston Villa in the Premier League at the weekend but they know this tie is in their hands. If they keep a clean sheet they’ll go through but I expect them to win the match anyway. Galatasaray were all over the shop in the first leg and they’ll have to be expansive in this one so I see Chelsea picking the Turks off to progress to the quarter finals. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/chelsea-vs-galatasaray-betting-chelsea-can-have-too-much-on-drogba-s-return

Re: Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th Gala performed well ? Lol, they were totally dominated by Chelsea in the first half and it should have been 0-3 with a bit of sharpness. 2th half chelsea didnt bother much and conceded a goal with the thoughts they will win anyways at home. Great they lost at the weekend against Villa so they are more than fired up here. Galatasaray conceded a lot of goals in the Cl especially away from home. In their last 16 cl away games they conceded atleast once and they will concede a couple tonight. Great night in Londen and I fully expect Chelsea to win comfortable. The passing game of turkish teams is so bad as we saw again in the first leg. They loose the ball so many times due simple errors and no way Chelsea will fail again upfront. If mancini plays sneijder on the left again he will surely have no chance. Chelsea also holds a great record at home in the cl and Mourinho only lost once in his last 12 cl games. His relationship is also bad with mancini so that's another good motivation factor. His sides always turn up in the right way in big games and chelsea only conceded 4 goals at home this season. Chelsea to win high stakes for me. Chelsea to win to nil small stakes. Chelsea -1.5 medium stakes. Goodluck

Re: Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th I've hit Chelsea reasonably strongly here, I didn't really bet on anything last week in the CL and think this is my best bet of the 2 weeks. I don't really see Galatasaray causing Chelsea too many problems here, they have massively different form home and away - like most Turkish sides - they lost heavily against Real Madrid in the group phase despite playing against 10 men for most of the game, lost to Kobenhavn (their only win of the group phase) and got a last minute draw away to Juve, which was their only point on the road. If you look at more recent form they have only won 3 of their last 15 away in all comps, we are talking about the Turkish league here, it is hardly impressive. They have a team of ageing pro's who are looking for their last big payday - Eboue, Drogba, Melo, Sneijder, Riera - all bar Sneijder are over 30 and all their best years are behind them. It is to their credit they qualified for the next stage but this was the biggest shock of the group stage as Juve imploded and Gala took advantage. Chelsea were poor on Sat night but I'm not too bothered about it, they are very strong at home and this is exactly the type of game where Mourinho earns his corn and exploits opposition weaknesses to get the win. It's important to have cover for a 1 goal win as this result wouldn't be surprising but I don't see what is a weak defence being able to hold out against such a strong attacking side who are very efficient in these type of games. Chelsea are very reliant on Hazard as Willian and Oscar aren't performing at the required level from an attacking sense, if Gala can limit the supply to Hazard they will stand a better chance. Matic has become an important part of the team but is ineligible and with Luiz doubtful and Lampard likely rested for the Arsenal game at the weekend Mikel could well come in which doesn't fill me with confidence but they have a very organised defence and with Gala's limited attack and tactics JT and Cahill are well equipped to deal with any long balls up to Drogba, I'm not convinced by Yilmaz either. Mancini is naturally quite a negative coach away who plays defensive football so I don't see a goal fest, he will look to contain and hit on the break. Even if it comes from a set-piece I can see Chelsea breaking through, if they score the first goal fairly early I can see them scoring 2 or 3 to be honest. Chelsea -1.0AH - 1.64 - pinnacle - 15 Points

Re: Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th Chelsea - Galatasaray Picks with WillHill 2nd Half Galatasaray Corners * 2-3 at 2.50 ** 4+ at 6.00 Chelsea got a solid result in Turkey, the 1-1 favors Chelsea score a goal away from home in case of a tie at 0. Mourinho's games are low-scoring and he play well at the passage of time, quite irregular in that sense but very efficient. I consider this a game where Galatasaray in the second part will have to attack with all they got, imagine team that have 2nd leg against them, the team who is not favoured by the result is forced to go with everything, little by little as the minutes pass. They have good front with Drogba, Yilzmar, Sneijder, Inan, quality players. Chelsea do not usually control games when they are winning , they leave opponent get the ball and.. Chelsea, defends even at home. At least 2 corners in GS'ray favor in the 2nd time when they are likely to have the tie against, its quite brutal that pays such high price, I have to go with high stakes, a good feeling. Galata if luckily still not scored in the first half, in the 2nd half will change something.

Re: Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th Too easy. Galatasaray was just terrible, my god. They couldnt even pass the ball around for more than 2 or 3 times. This was surely one of the bankers of this week and not a single doubt about chelsea winning this game comfortable when I was watching live. Huge class difference but bad finishing or it could have been way worse for this turkish team. Enjoy the money!

Re: Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th

I've hit Chelsea reasonably strongly here, I didn't really bet on anything last week in the CL and think this is my best bet of the 2 weeks. I don't really see Galatasaray causing Chelsea too many problems here, they have massively different form home and away - like most Turkish sides - they lost heavily against Real Madrid in the group phase despite playing against 10 men for most of the game, lost to Kobenhavn (their only win of the group phase) and got a last minute draw away to Juve, which was their only point on the road. If you look at more recent form they have only won 3 of their last 15 away in all comps, we are talking about the Turkish league here, it is hardly impressive. They have a team of ageing pro's who are looking for their last big payday - Eboue, Drogba, Melo, Sneijder, Riera - all bar Sneijder are over 30 and all their best years are behind them. It is to their credit they qualified for the next stage but this was the biggest shock of the group stage as Juve imploded and Gala took advantage. Chelsea were poor on Sat night but I'm not too bothered about it, they are very strong at home and this is exactly the type of game where Mourinho earns his corn and exploits opposition weaknesses to get the win. It's important to have cover for a 1 goal win as this result wouldn't be surprising but I don't see what is a weak defence being able to hold out against such a strong attacking side who are very efficient in these type of games. Chelsea are very reliant on Hazard as Willian and Oscar aren't performing at the required level from an attacking sense, if Gala can limit the supply to Hazard they will stand a better chance. Matic has become an important part of the team but is ineligible and with Luiz doubtful and Lampard likely rested for the Arsenal game at the weekend Mikel could well come in which doesn't fill me with confidence but they have a very organised defence and with Gala's limited attack and tactics JT and Cahill are well equipped to deal with any long balls up to Drogba, I'm not convinced by Yilmaz either. Mancini is naturally quite a negative coach away who plays defensive football so I don't see a goal fest, he will look to contain and hit on the break. Even if it comes from a set-piece I can see Chelsea breaking through, if they score the first goal fairly early I can see them scoring 2 or 3 to be honest. Chelsea -1.0AH - 1.64 - pinnacle - 15 Points WIN
It was quite a big outlay for me but I had a feeling this would be fairly straightforward for Chelsea at home. Any Juventus fan watching tonight must be wondering how the hell they went out to this lot, they have to be one of the worst sides to reach the knockout stages in the history of the CL, they never looked interested, totally impotent up front and a shambles at the back, utterly hopeless.

Re: Chelsea v Galatasaray SK > Tuesday March 18th Well done to all Chelsea backers, this one really should have been 4-0. Juve must be kicking themselves, though they have only themselves to blame, Gala scored basically 3 goals on 4 chances vs Juve over the 2 matches in the group stage. A Chelsea vs Juve tie would have been great to see.