COMPILING STANDARD TIMES

step1

Searching for a database where I can copy & paste times into MS Works database to compile my own standards. Would Racing Post DB be suitable or can someone recommend another firm. Compiled standards for Kempton AW manually through Timeform results but took an age. Hoping to speed it up a lot.

Re: COMPILING STANDARD TIMES I just go to racing post results and work backwards thru each day for past month or so writing down times for each distance as you go .......so i.e if im looking for wolv standard id find the last meeting and note results .......then just work my way back .......doesn't take long .....I can normally get about 30 results in about 15-20 mins ........for each distance ...................you then just put into time order lowest to highest .......(5 mins work) scrub the top few times .........and bottom few times ........then youll have a couple times that are faster than standard .......leave these and just behind these will be a group of 3,4,5 horses all roughly around the same time .......in most cases this is where the standard time lies ............doesn't take long can be done in 20 mins ..........and well worth it .............ive got times for 5 and 6f at wolv ling kemp and south if you want also its handy if you note the class of race ..........so you can find a good balance between the courses .......cos oviously if there have been a glut of high grade races at kemp recently you don't want a skewed standard when comparing to wolv .........so you have to manually find a balance which a computer cant do

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.