World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek

Tuesday 29 March 2005
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifBolivia v Venezuela (21:00 BST)1.833.605.00sp.gif103%
sp.gifWednesday 30 March 2005
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
sp.gifArgentina v Colombia (23:59 BST)1.364.509.00sp.gif106%
sp.gifParaguay v Chile (23:59 BST)1.773.405.00sp.gif106%
sp.gifThursday 31 March 2005
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
sp.gifUruguay v Brazil (01:50 BST)4.403.302.04sp.gif103%
sp.gifPeru v Ecuador (02:00 BST)2.063.253.95sp.gif105%
Wednesday 30 March 2005
HomeDrawAwaybookmakers margin on the event. However, they do not take account of commissions that may be charged.">sp.gifBPP
sp.gifNorth Korea v Iran (07:35 BST)4.703.401.80sp.gif107%
sp.gifJapan v Bahrain (11:30 BST)1.424.759.00sp.gif102%
sp.gif>South Korea v Uzbekistan (12:05 BST)1.375.0011.00sp.gif103%
sp.gif>Kuwait v Saudi Arabia (17:45 BST)2.483.203.00sp.gif105%
Tuesday 29 March 2005
sp.gif (12:00 BST)1.155.0013.00sp.gif115%
sp.gif (19:30 BST)1.364.509.00sp.gif105%
sp.gifWednesday 30 March 2005
HomeDrawAwaysp.gifBPP
sp.gif>Italy v Iceland (19:45 BST)1.226.0012.00sp.gif107%

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek BOLIVIA have a 7-1-0 record against Venezuela since 1977. In La Paz they have a 6-0-0 record , goals for 24, against 1.:eek Looks like the visitors suffer from altitude sickness when their in town. ODDS = 1.8 BOLIVIA win.

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Everything seems to point to a pretty simple win for Ireland here. China are dire from what I heard about their recent game with Spain, and they are apparently playing without some of their better players (only one European-based player in the squad). I know this is a friendly, and it is wise to tread carefully, but Ireland tend to take these sort of matches at home quite seriously, and will have a few players coming into the team who are eager to prove a point, and push their claims for selection in the competitive matches to come. China seem very inexperienced, and will probably really struggle. In World Cup 2002 they looked very poor, and the squad for the game tomorrow is looking weaker than it was then. Anyone want to put me off taking the 1.36 available on Ireland? :)

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Uruguay 4.40 @ home to Brazil looks like some good value to me. Uruguay haven't lost to Brazil at home since 1976 (please correct me if I'm wrong) and that game was only a friendly. Brazil looked quite pathetic against Peru on the weekend, with Ronaldo looking worse then he has in recent weeks at Real Madrid. Apparently his coach intends to keep him in the lineup, as their main attacking threat. Uruguay have a tendency to lift for their games against Brazil, especailly when they play at home. Last time they met at Uruguay's home was during the 2002 WC qualifiers, and Urugauy won that 1-0. I quite fancy a repeat of that result this week. 2 units Uruguay to win 1-0 @ 10 5 units Uruguay ML @ 4.40 8 units Uruguay + 1/2 @ 1.75 Good Luck. :ok

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek I'm only having one bet tonight. LAY Venezuela. I'm a regular layer of visiting sides to La Paz with the exception of Brazil and Argentina. The altitude is a real killer and Bolivia take full advantage. But they do draw quite a lot because they're not a good side, so always lay the opposition rather than back the Bolivians. I've layed Venezuela at 4/1, 5/1 and I'll go as high as 6/1 probably.

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek i was at the ireland/portugal game where ireland won 1-0, ireland really put it up to the opposition on the home soil, ireland obviously motivate themselves more for bigger teams like portugal, but it is very unlikely theyll slip up against china. the team door was shut after the israeli game, with keane reported to have lost the rag with a few players. kerr was singled out for particular criticism for his negative tactics, Andy Reid will surely start tonight and everyone will be looking for a big performance from Duff. Theres a lot of media coverage regarding the game, it will be viewed as a barometer for whether we have any real chance of qualifying, im expecting a few big match performances tonite and 2-0, 3-0 looks a decent possibility.

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Nothing to put anyone off Ireland for the reasons given above :ok - could be tempted on the -1. Just a word about Bolivia - they are a team in crisis right now, under huge pressure to win v Venezuela even though reports suggest hardly any fans will turn up to watch the under fire team. Team is at its lowest ebb for quite some time, although they do have altitude, history and Venezuelan injuries on their side. Was all set to bet on Bolivia, but I've seen a few too many reports to put doubts in my mind so turned into a no bet. Lay of Venezuela should still be nice and safe tho, so good luck tango :ok

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek I would normally have steamed into Bolivia in normal circumstances but I believe that the price now is a bit false. I am on Ireland plus Yeovil in the other game of the evening so seeing on how that goes, I may be tempted to Lay the Bolivians. I think a lot of people are only just realising the significance of the altitude factor and are backing them blindly

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Some of us have been aware of the altitude for years and have reaped the rewards to the bookies blind ignorance :-) But it's not that simple. I actually layed Bolivia agianst Argentina. Why ? Because the price was false then after everyone steamed into Bolivia. Altitude is a great leveller, but is offset by a gulf in class. Now it's time to lay Venezuela (not back Bolivia). The price on Bolivia is too short now, but the price on Venezuela isn't high enough. So the lay of Venezuela is still value. Remember they've never even got a draw in La Paz. And they have injuries, suspensions. Lay away !!!

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek I fancy gettin things going early on tomorrow and hopefully off to a flyer with a Japan and South Korea double. Odds of 1/3 and 1/4 respectively against Bahrain and Uzbekistan, who both home sides should see off comfotably I caught some of their qualifiers on friday and the Japanese seemed unlucky to lose in Iran. I read they have two players coming back from suspension also. Bahrain seemed very fortunate to beat North Korea with two breakaway goals. South Korea I could do with some information on and will be researching this in due course. Could make up a nice double I would say. Mexico in Panama anyone! 1/2

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Have taken Mexico at 1/2 (B365) to win in Panama, doubled with that bottler Henman in the tennis at 1/3!!! Mexico are a class above the home side and are boosted by a fantastic 2-1 win against the USA at the weekend. Panama are the bottom side in the group and whilst unlucky against Costa Rica when they lost a very late goal, they have been on the end of some right hammerings.

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Not posted in betting sections for a while due to a big loss :cry but im getting my taste and money back so may be about more often...anyway.. Info on Mexico's last visit to Panama :lol

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=329070&cc=5739 Carmona returns to 'all-night' Panama
MEXICO CITY, March 29 (Reuters) - Mexico defender Salvador Carmona says he is braced for a hostile reception in Panama for Wednesday's World Cup qualifier after a trip there five years ago. On that occasion Mexico's players were kept up all night by a noisy crowd outside their hotel and their bus driver took a roundabout route to the stadium before a qualifier for the 2002 World Cup, Carmona said. 'In that year, they created a noisy atmosphere which didn't allow us to sleep,' Carmona told El Universal in an interview published on the newspaper's website. 'It was a plan. The hotel was in league with the people outside. They spent the whole night singing. 'Although the distance between the hotel and the stadium was not very far, they took us around the city for an hour-and-a-half before we got there.' Mexico won that match with an 88th minute goal by Miguel Zepeda. Carmona is one of three survivors from that team in the current squad alongside Pavel Pardo and Barcelona's Rafael Marquez. Mexico arrived in Panama City on Monday and media reports said they got a friendlier reception this time, with a traditional Mexican Mariachi band greeting them at the airport. Mexico lead the final stage of the CONCACAF qualifiers with six points from two games while Panama, who have never qualified for the World Cup, have one.
Good luck to all having a bet this midweek :hope

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Hmm.. Asian world cup qualifiers again, My personal opinion is Iran will be too strong for North Korea as they are much bigger and stronger & they do posses a gd record in qualifying, Just Take Iran & Give 3/4 ball, Kuwait looks a decent bet to me also at home, Saudi did perform well in the first 2 matches though, Kuwait would want to win in front of their Home supporters to give themselves a advantage i suppose. Take Kuwait on Level Ball looks a decent Value. Next is Japan vs Bahrain, Japan is gonna show them why they are the best in Asia tonioght i suppose, Playing in Front of their Home fans & Bahrain even though they won in N.Korea but the element of luck was on their side, With Bahrauin still missing players should prove too costly for them against the chjampions of Asia, japan to overcome the handicap of 1.5 ball. Last But not Leasy South Korea looks like a decent team to win at home but i feel that Uzbekistan will surprise many people here, Probably A 1 goal win for Korea i feel, So just Uzbekistan and eat 1.25 balls, Gd luck & may the best team win always.

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek

I fancy gettin things going early on tomorrow and hopefully off to a flyer with a Japan and South Korea double. Odds of 1/3 and 1/4 respectively against Bahrain and Uzbekistan, who both home sides should see off comfotably
Japan just scored with 10 mins left, and caught some 1st half highlights on S.Korea, and does seem like it will be a winner for you, although S.Korea is still 0-0 at HT Gd luck!! :hope

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek i think the bet of the day is costa rica to win away against trinidad and tobago.Trinidad are absolutely hopeless at the moment......their best player is dwight yorke for christsake !. they were beaten 5-1 away by guatamala at the weekend.Costa rica are a maybe the 3rd best side in the region behind mexico , who the narrowly lost at home to 2-1,and USA, and i have got them at 10-11 with paddypower. absolutely lumped on this so i am very confident of a costa rica win.Trinidad will have no confidence after their hammering at the weekend, and despite playing in front of their home crowd, i can see nothing but an away win here.

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek Trinadad v Costa Rica Well spotted Bardo this does look worth a chance here are some reports from FIFA regarding the Ticos. Team news would help and possibly info regarding the Trinadad team. Note below , even Scotland and N Ireland have beaten them. Good Luck Medics

Trinidad/Tobago's Latest Matchesspace.gifCosta Rica's Latest Matches
2005-03-27Guatemala-Trinidad/Tobago5-1
2005-02-09Trinidad/Tobago-USA1-2
2004-11-18Trinidad/Tobago-Saint Vincent and The Grenadines2-1
2004-10-14Mexico-Trinidad/Tobago3-0
2004-10-10Trinidad/Tobago-St. Kitts and Nevis5-1
2004-09-09Trinidad/Tobago-Mexico1-3
2004-09-05St. Kitts and Nevis-Trinidad/Tobago1-2
2004-08-18Saint Vincent and The Grenadines-Trinidad/Tobago0-2
2004-06-06Trinidad/Tobago-N.Ireland0-3
2004-05-30Scotland-Trinidad/Tobago4-1
space.gif
2005-03-27Costa Rica-Panama2-1
2005-02-10Costa Rica-Mexico1-2
2004-11-18Honduras-Costa Rica0-0
2004-10-14Canada-Costa Rica1-3
2004-10-10Costa Rica-Guatemala5-0
2004-09-09Costa Rica-Canada1-0
2004-09-05Guatemala-Costa Rica2-1
2004-08-19Costa Rica-Honduras2-5
2004-07-18Colombia-Costa Rica2-0
2004-07-15Costa Rica-Chile2-1

crc.gif

The rising stars of the North, Central American and Caribbean Zone, Costa Rica are now without question one of the most feared teams in the region. This reputation was confirmed in 2002 when the Ticos not only finished top of the final continental qualifying group - by a full six points after suffering only one loss in 10 matches - but also became the first nation ever to defeat Mexico at home in a FIFA World Cup™ qualifier. As a tantalising undercard to Sunday's CONCACAF heavyweight battle between Mexico and the USA, ten-man Costa Rica stepped up to edge Panama while Guatemala blitzed Trinidad & Tobago. Costa Rica were forced to play their second qualifier of the region's final-round 'Hexagonal' behind closed doors due to crowd trouble in their first match – a 1-2 loss to Mexico in February . But even without the normally raucous atmosphere of a packed house, Jorge Luis Pinto's men showed a fair amount of grit and endeavour to earn the three points they so desperately needed against hard-scrapping Panama. After 40 minutes of drab, desultory play at the peculiarly silent Saprissa stadium, the hosts were awarded a penalty. Whayne Wilson stepped up and made no mistake as he slotted calmly past Panamanian keeper Jaime Penedo. Unfazed by the setback, Panama showed why they are considered outside contenders for a spot at the the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ with some fine play in the second period. They looked to be on the road to at least one point when Jose Luiz Lopez picked up two yellows in two minutes, leaving the Costa Ricans to battle with ten men for virtually the entire second half. And when well-travelled maverick striker Roberto Brown scored a spot-kick of his own in minute 58, things looked to be falling apart for the home side. In the end, though, the determined Costa Ricans took a long step toward qualification for their second consecutive finals when Roy Myrie struck a winner two minutes into stoppage time . If there were any fans at the Saprissa, it would have been the cue for wild celebrations as the Ticos picked up their first points of the final round to move, temporarily at least, to the top of the group alongside Mexico and the United States.

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek have to admit costa rica really look like value to me althou the recent results havent shown them to be great away and hard to see cos of the quality of teams theyve played costa rica at home would appear to be bankers against the likes of trinidad but away theres a slight doubt but very slight and not slight enugh to put me off doubling them on big stakes

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek I am now tempted with a punt on the Peruvians to beat Ecudor. Ecudor with 0-0-5 away record and scored 2 conceding 8. Peru decent at home. Ecudor may be buoyed by their come back against the Paraguayans though. 1.92 seems decent

Re: World Cup ROTW + Internationals midweek why the **** cant i go with my original bets i line up? then i go and put on other bets and lose and my first instincts are usually right :wall :wall :wall :wall :cry :cry :cry