Thursday 4:40 > Kim Muir Challenge Cup

• 1 month later...

Re: Thursday 4:40 > Kim Muir Challenge Cup Spring Heeled 16/1 & Night Alliance 33/1 EW You have to excuse both of these their last run and providing they are in good health I could certainly see them outrunning their odds tomorrow. Spring Heeled was running a big race at Cheltenham in November when he looked to run out of legs 2 from home as whilst he didnt jump as well as his name suggests he should, he had come with a really strong run down the wide outside and looked a huge danger. The form of that race has worked out quite well and looking back through his Irish form, he was only narrowly denied in the Munster National by a highly progressive sort. Its clear from his profile that he is a much better horse on good ground and I get the feeling this race has been the plan for a while. I definitely wouldnt say he is the best jumper in the field and it may catch him out but I think he has everything else in his favour and I wouldnt be surprise to see him gambled a little tomorrow. Night Alliance is a quirky sort, who also isnt the grandest of jumpers. He has some really in and out form but if he is at his best, I think he could really destroy this field because he looks like he is firmly on the upgrade and having already won around Cheltenham I feel he is more than capable of outrunning such large odds. Trip, ground and class are all fine. Of the rest, Indian Castle could be a good thing given connections but he hasnt got the depth of form I would like to see. He has bundles of potential and could be a good thing but he is also priced up as one too. Similar sentiments apply to Cause of Causes as well. Twirling Magnet is another odd character, Buddy Bolero seems best on a softer surface, Theres No Panic would ideally prefer further and I get the feeling Balnaslow wont find a great deal off the bridle up the hill.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.