Champion Hurdle

cpo

I have just placed my first ante-post bet for Cheltenham on the Willie Mullins trained Un De Sceaux. After watching the race today I do feel that none of those in the race will be victorious in March. I thought AP gave Jezki an odd ride and our Our Connor for all the world looked as though he was going to win but Hurricane Fly pulled out a little more and seemed to find an extra gear when needed. It was a good finish to the race but they finished in a bit of a heap with Captain Cee Bee finishing a close up 3rd. Of those that are proven performers at the highest level the horse I like the best is The New One. He would be my other selection for the race but will probably back him closer to the time. His stamina will hold him in good stead and I can see him reversing the form with My Tent or Yours coming up that hill but I fancy they might all struggle to peg back this machine Un De Sceaux. It's impossible to know how good this horse is as he has been winning poor races by wide margins but you just get the feeling this horse could be something special. Even over 12f he managed to win by 20 lengths, which is just ridiculous. He has never been seriously tested and just look what happened to Foildubh last time out who tried to go with him. He was broken before 4 out and finished tailed off. It would be nice to see this horse in a proper race before the festival but I will take my chances that he is top class. I am not a pedigree expert but he is by Denham Red and looking at his progeny statistics, horses by him seem to have a rather high strike rate on quick ground. Is there a chance this horse could be even better on quicker ground? We know he clearly relishes heavy ground but he could be just as good or even better on quicker ground. He certainly would have to be something out of the ordinary to win the Champion Hurdle with so little experience and in such a competitive race this year, but he might just be able to sneak a place or better.

Re: Champion Hurdle i like to have an early punt on the champion hurdle ...........and I always have the look out for a certain type ..........top class .......up and coming improving type ..............normally I don't see it this early but ive definatley seen my horse this year OUR CONOR ...... ive had a sizeable bet at 7/1 with corals ..............this horse has champion hurdler written all over him ..........his run against hurricane fly was outstanding for a five yr old and this horse will undoubtably be 5-10 lb s better on good ground and the way he tore up Cheltenham last year in the triumph ...............I think come march he will be a force to reckoned with ........and the 7/1 available now will look absolutely huge ...............very exciting horse..........good luck with your bet cpo ............yours could be anything .....won by miles so who knows what you got

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.