Potshot Parlour.

merlin

...... Hello to all those looking in, I bid you a warm welcome. I have been absent for quite a lengthy period but make a bid to return with another system. Some may remember me from the old 3-0 system thread which unfortunately ended when Michael Wray was deemed to be in fixture violation and was forced to close his prediction spreadsheets down. Anyway this one is entirely different and is mainly based on shots at goal and past scorelines over a certain period hence the title name of Potshot Parlour which tickled my fancy. Initially it will be a paper trial to see how it goes. Staking will commence with level stakes with any losing bets being doubled the following week should there be any selections at odds of 2.00 or more, and finally a third attempt will stake 4pts in attempt to claw back any losses. All selections are currently strictly for the English Premier League only and may expand later to other top leagues.The results are in the lap of the gods. Selections for Midweek:- Manchester U (h) 1.25 Arsenal (a) 2.00 Swansea (h) 1.66 Chelsea (h) 1.20 Sunderland (h) 2.05 May the force be with you. ;)

Re: Potshot Parlour. ........ Hello there young fella, Iv'e been meaning to catch up with you also, but struggling against time at various intervals. I note that you are still up there with the elite and I intend to reacquaint myself with your Unders thread. Will answer more fully on that thread shortly. Meanwhile thanks for popping in and talk shortly. Best Regards. :):)

Re: Potshot Parlour. Good luck with this approach, Merlin. However I am a little concerned regarding........

....staking will commence with level stakes with any losing bets being doubled the following week should there be any selections at odds of 2.00 or more' date=' and finally a third attempt will stake 4pts in attempt to claw back any losses........
This sounds suspiciously like some form of Martingale system..... and we all know how that ends up :\ Also, another tip....... don't bet on Man United ;)

Re: Potshot Parlour. Thanks too for popping in Grex and I note your concerns. I suppose it could be classed as a little controversial but the difference here is that the stake cuts off after four and that's it. This has worked well in recent trials. Anyway I can always adapt later if there are problems.:rollin

Re: Potshot Parlour. .... not too bad for first attempt! Three winners from five with Arsenal (away) and Chelsea (home) letting the side down as both drew instead of forcing respective wins. The table below shows the latest position:- [TABLE]

[TR] [TD=class: xl24][/TD] [TD=class: xl25][/TD] [TD=class: xl26][/TD] [TD=class: xl27, width: 64][/TD] [TD=class: xl28, width: 71][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl29][/TD] [TD=class: xl30][/TD] [TD=class: xl31][/TD] [TD=class: xl31][/TD] [TD=class: xl32][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl29][/TD] [TD=class: xl30][/TD] [TD=class: xl33][/TD] [TD=class: xl34][/TD] [TD=class: xl35][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl29][/TD] [TD=class: xl30][/TD] [TD=class: xl36][/TD] [TD=class: xl37][/TD] [TD=class: xl38][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl29][/TD] [TD=class: xl30][/TD] [TD=class: xl39][/TD] [TD=class: xl37][/TD] [TD=class: xl38][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl29][/TD] [TD=class: xl30][/TD] [TD=class: xl34][/TD] [TD=class: xl40][/TD] [TD=class: xl35][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl29][/TD] [TD=class: xl30][/TD] [TD=class: xl31][/TD] [TD=class: xl37][/TD] [TD=class: xl41][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl42][/TD] [TD=class: xl43][/TD] [TD=class: xl44][/TD] [TD=class: xl45][/TD] [TD=class: xl46][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Total Staked 50.00 Total Returned 48.62 Average Odds 1.63 Average Stake 10.00 Yield -2.76 No.Winners 3 No.Losers 2 Strike Rate 60 pc Current Bank 98.62 Profit/Loss -1.38

Re: Potshot Parlour. .... and for my next picks, we have five selections of which four of these are away, so could be make or break weekend! Norwich C (a) 3.60 Tottenham H (a) 2.10 2pts Manchester U (a) 1.61 Liverpool (a) 1.65 Arsenal (h) 1.23 Here's hoping.:hope

Re: Potshot Parlour. .... what a heap of old rubbish! Mind you no luck around either. Latest position which does not make good reading:- Total Staked 110.00 Total Returned 60.81 Average Odds 1.84 Average Stake 11.00 Yield - 44.72% Wins 4 Losses 6 Strike Rate 40% Current Bank 50.81 Profit/Loss -49.19 Onwards forever onwards! :ok

Re: Potshot Parlour. .... Ok after that rather poor showing it is time to try and make amends with this group of selections thrown out by my spreadsheet:- Chelsea 1.27 Manchester C (a) 1.37 Southampton T 1.56 Sunderland 2.16 4 pts Manchester U 1.23 Onwards forever onwards.:ok