BBOTD Sunday 26th January

Lodge

2.55 - Wolverhampton - Alben Star 1pt @ 4/1 Bet365 If you can forgive Alben Star his poor run on fibresand the other day (first attempt on the surface) he looks a fairly good value bet to me. The 6yo has shaped as if he’s at the top of his game over the past month or so and i feel he has good claims of overturning his recent 1L defeat with Trinityelitedotcom. The pair met each other over C&D last month, Trinityelitedotcom winning with Alben Star 1L back giving 7lbs to the winner. The pair meet on level weights tomorrow with Alben Star also benefiting from George Challenor’s 3lb claim tomorrow so he effectively has a 10lb swing in the weights and must have an outstanding chance of overturning the form. It also means Alben Star has a very good chance of beating the in form Caspian Prince on a line of form through Trinityelitedoncom too. He ran poorly over the minimum trip at Southwell on Tuesday but as i mentioned it was his first try on the surface and many just don’t get on with it. He returns to 6f at his favoured course, Wolverhampton, where he has won twice over C&D from 2 attempts and was placed the other 2 runs here. This race does look very competitive but i feel the 3 horses who have gone up in the weights (Trinityelitedotcom, Caspian Prince and Burren View Lady) may not find it easy off their revised marks. At a price i’ll also be keeping an eye on Elusivity, who is starting to look like a well handicapped horse and will strike at some point for a yard who do well with their sprinters. He didn’t show enough on his re-appearance albeit in a good race last time to warrant a bet though.

Re: BBOTD Sunday 26th January Leopardstown 1:30 - Frank Ward Solicitors Arkle Novice Chase (Grade 1) I might just be trying to try to nick third place here as it is a very strong Grade 1 but with Barry Geraghty on board I had a small each-way investment on Art Of Logistics. He ran ok for a long way behind Defy Logic over course and distance last time out and if he can run to the level of his Punchestown win he would have a chance here in my opinion. I thought he would be around 20/1 at most so I am happy to have a small bet at 33/1. Art Of Logistics WIN @ 33/1 Bet365 Read Full Preview @ bit.ly/1laAFQY

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.