** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

American Idol...It's time to ROCK!!

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! Fortunately, watching AI tonight, I conveniently had my bucket strategically placed by my armchair..Vomit inducing clap-trap that only the Americans can do with such sentimental finesse....(each contestant staring at the camera..) "mom and dad...I love you so much..You are my inspiration...etc..etc" :puke Nice start..... Then we had Vonzell - with one shockingly bad performance (the second one just about ok), with the good old 'I love you dad' followed by the tears for sympathy (and telephone votes) routine... And then we come to Carrie - two absolutely DIRE performances..If it was just based on just tonight's performances she would have been given the big-time boot..She was shocking!! My greasy man Bo was consistant if not particularly good..He did the job, but I hope he doesnt wear the shades again... Ironically, Antony, was, in my opinion the best performer of the night, and if it wasnt for Vonzell's tears, and the fact that Carrie has some bizarre but huge country-music loving-middle American -trailer park trash following, he'd have been in the final 3 (and given me some profit!!) Still..I still have faith in my hefty investment in Bo at 3.5....He has been by far the best and most consistent performer this season. If Carrie wins she will be by far, the worst of all AI winners....:sad However..lets just hope that.. Carrie is just 3 weeks away from falling flat on her face as runner-up :nana ...:tongue2

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!!

Fortunately' date=' watching AI tonight, I conveniently had my bucket strategically placed by my armchair..Vomit inducing clap-trap that only the Americans can do with such sentimental finesse[i']....(each contestant staring at the camera..) "mom and dad...I love you so much..You are my inspiration...etc..etc" :puke Nice start..... Then we had Vonzell - with one shockingly bad performance (the second one just about ok), with the good old 'I love you dad' followed by the tears for sympathy (and telephone votes) routine... And then we come to Carrie - two absolutely DIRE performances..If it was just based on just tonight's performances she would have been given the big-time boot..She was shocking!! My greasy man Bo was consistant if not particularly good..He did the job, but I hope he doesnt wear the shades again... Ironically, Antony, was, in my opinion the best performer of the night, and if it wasnt for Vonzell's tears, and the fact that Carrie has some bizarre but huge country-music loving-middle American -trailer park trash following, he'd have been in the final 3 (and given me some profit!!) Still..I still have faith in my hefty investment in Bo at 3.5....He has been by far the best and most consistent performer this season. If Carrie wins she will be by far, the worst of all AI winners....:sad However..lets just hope that.. Carrie is just 3 weeks away from falling flat on her face as runner-up :nana ...:tongue2
That's a good one, mate - well, everything except the Carrie part! :tongue2 She's a class above all that remains and 3 weeks is all it takes to bear testament to that! :nana And you heard it here first... :lol

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! Assuming Vonzell gets given the boot tomorrow (almost certain), how do you think the bookies will price Bo Bice versus Carrie Underwood? I'm guessing something ungenerous like 10/11 and 4/5. Could it be another Ruben Studdard versus Clay Aiken affair where it could easily go either way?

Assuming Vonzell gets given the boot tomorrow (almost certain), how do you think the bookies will price Bo Bice versus Carrie Underwood? I'm guessing something ungenerous like 10/11 and 4/5. Could it be another Ruben Studdard versus Clay Aiken affair where it could easily go either way?
I'd bite your hand off for 10/11 or 4/5 for Carrie for what's a 50% shot - more realistically, I'm looking at a 1/2 or 3/5 shot at best(with Bo hovering around 7/5 or 3/2). Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Carrie drops to anything around the 4/5 mark as well. :nana

I'd bite your hand off for 10/11 or 4/5 for Carrie for what's a 50% shot - more realistically' date=' I'm looking at a 1/2 or 3/5 shot at best(with Bo hovering around 7/5 or 3/2). Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if Carrie drops to anything around the 4/5 mark as well. :nana[/quote']I think if we were looking at anything around evens or better for Bo the value would definately be with the Yeti-Boy... Carrie has definately been off the boil the past few weeks, and should have got the boot last week, if it wasnt for her huge fanclub (headed up by Edtkh - Founder Member, Secretary and potential future stalker :rollin ) However I think we'll have to agree to disagree with who is the best singer.. I havent obviously seen this week's shows, and I won't see any more as I am holiday for a fortnight from this Thursday.. However when I return I expect to see this thread celebrating a great Bo victory..:hope :ok

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! This is scandalous - Bo trading at 1.66? :eek With no disrespect to Bo, who was absolutely superb(well, I thought his second song sung without the band wasn't up to scratch though) on this week's show, I can't see him being anything below evens at best, really. Trickrick, did you hit on Abramovich's cronies to send death threats to Carrie? She can't be that bad to be drifting out to 2.22, LOL! In all honesty, I still think Carrie will come good in the finals(and that's not saying she fared poorly this week although she was admittedly outclassed by Bo) as I still maintain she's a class above the others although it's fair to say she hasn't really lived up to her potential over the past few weeks - as they say, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Anything above evens for a 50% shot is still licence to print money, I reckon! :ok And believe it or not, I haven't contributed a penny to her fan club nor kept her in the competition... :rollin

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! So with Vonzell getting the boot(as expected), we're set up nicely for a grand finale at the Kodak Theatre with Bo and Carrie going head-on. Needless to say, Carrie will win this now (much as trickrick would hate to admit and would prefer engaging in self-denial :lol ). Last checked Bo's still trading in the 1.60's with Carrie in the 2.30's - fingers crossed, Carrie will bring this home and keep trickrick on the dole. :hope Come on, Carrie - just one more round of soulful renditions! :clap

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! With no disrespect to Bo, Carrie's performance in the finale was just absolutely awe-inspiring(trickrick, I'm speaking objectively here and not as a potential future stalker! :lol ) and it'd be a travesty if she doesn't win AI4! As they say, the tough get going when the going gets tough. For me, she made Bo look ordinary and as Simon aptly summed it up, she's "done enough to win the competition"... Time will tell, we're just 8 hours away from the results as I write! :clap

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! FCUK. FCUK. FCUK. FCUK. FCUK. Carrie wins. ....damn it, why didn't I put any money on it instead of just getting splinters in me arse from sitting on the fence. :eyes Well done edtkh....the late support for Bo proved to be false in the end. :ok

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! trickrick, so now you know : there's only one Carrie Underwood... :lol And obviously, I stood by her for a very good reason - justifiably so in the end. ;) This girl's a class act(not to mention she's got both the X-factor and the looks which should serve her well in the showbiz industry) - can definitely see her do much better than any of the previous AI winners. Let her fledgling career begin while I reap a 4-figure return on my investment. :clap

• 2 weeks later...

Re: American Idol...It's time to ROCK!! Well I've just arrived from my hols so Edtkh congratulations on your tip...I still think Bo was consistantly better than our Carrie but a win is a win. I should have laid my bet a week ago, unfortunately I was too confident..:sad Congrats, and I hope not too much of your winnings were blown on the final week's Premium-Rate voting lines....Afterall there's no point in stalking a loser...;)