** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Liverpool v Aston Villa > Saturday January 18th

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Liverpool v Aston Villa (17:30 GMT)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]1.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]6.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]12[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]100.64 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > Saturday January 18th Both teams to score 6/5 @ Boylesports - I think there's a bit of value here on BTTS. Despite Liverpool's brilliant home record they do tend to struggle to keep clean sheets proven by the fact that Cardiff, Crystal Palace, Southampton, West Brom, West Ham and Norwich have all scored at Anfield meaning that Liverpool have conceded in 6 out of their last 8 home games only keeping clean sheets against Fulham and Hull. Also, Liverpool conceded 3 against Stoke on Sunday despite winning the game which shows that their defence is not unbreachable by any means. Benteke scored his first goal for a long time against Arsenal and that will have given him confidence ahead of this game. Villa have already scored at The Emirates and Stamford Bridge early this season and always seem to give the big boys a tough game when they play away and they in fact won 1-3 at Anfield last season. Villa's defence is not that great and i really cannot see Liverpool not scoring and due to Liverpool's poor recent defensive record and the fact that Villa are a dangerous side on the counter i think 6/5 is good value for both teams to score here.

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > Saturday January 18th uClick on the teams in blue for a whole array of stats. This site is very good and should be used before placing bets Source : OPTA Stats and whoscored Liverpool v Aston Villa · Liverpool won the reverse fixture against Villa back in August with their only shot on target of the game. · Christian Benteke has scored three goals in three Premier League appearances against Liverpool. · Steven Gerrard has scored more goals against Aston Villa (11) than he has managed against any other opponent in the Premier League. · Aston Villa have lost just one of their last four Premier League visits to Anfield (W2 D1 L1). · Liverpool have conceded just six goals in their last 12 Premier League matches at Anfield and have kept six clean sheets in that run. · Brendan Rodgers' team have won 10 of their last 11 home league games (W10 D0 L1) and won the last seven in a row. · Luis Suarez has scored 22 goals in 16 appearances this season - he had 10 after 16 games last season and five the season before. · Liverpool have scored 51 goals in the Premier League this season, already four more than they managed in 2011-12 (47). · Daniel Sturridge has 10 goals and three assists in 13 Premier League appearances this season. · No team has conceded fewer home goals than Liverpool this season in the Premier League (6). Team News Liverpool · Daniel Sturrdige returned to action from the bench last time out and looked in fine form so he could take the place of the man he replaced at Stoke, Philippe Coutinho. · The side looked leaky at the back but with Agger, Enrique and Flanagan all set to continue to miss out through injury Brendan Rodgers' option are limited. · If Mamadou Sakho returns to fitness than he is likely to replace Kolo Toure in what may be the only other change to the line-up. Aston Villa · Christian Benteke scored for the first time since September on Monday night and will hope to put in the type of performance that saw him net a brace in his last appearance at Anfield. · With Libor Kozak out for the rest of the season Paul Lambert signed Grant Holt on loan to act as cover in the week and he could be in the squad this weekend, along with Ryan Bertrand who has joined on loan from Chelsea to put pressure on Antonio Luna's position. · Nathan Baker suffered a mild concussion against Arsenal and is a doubt so Villa should revert to a back four, with Bacuna potentially replacing El Ahmadi in midfield. Prediction Aston Villa will be glad to be back on the road but face a Liverpool side that have won their last 7 league matches at home, with 15 of Suarez's 22 goals coming at Anfield. The form of either side's main striker will be key to their respective aims between now and the end of the season, with Benteke scoring 3 goals in 3 appearances against Liverpool thus far. With Sturridge back in the side the hosts will have too much firepower for Villa to keep them at bay but Lambert will be confident of threatening on the counter attack. Liverpool 2 Aston Villa 0

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > Saturday January 18th Liverpool FC back at Anfield with SaS,a sublime Sterling,also Allen and Sakho which will be back from 3 weeks injury. Liverpool attacking front is under fire right now (NOTE:51 GOALS just behind M.City 59), with SaS back in combi and Sterling showing he's improving match after match which results 5 goals scored against the toughest defence of EPL last week at Britannia Stadium. BUT there's a real "HOLE" in their defence right and stoke managed to score 3 goals. Allen and Sakho will be back but still can they hold the 90 mins after missing 3 weeks from injury and will Rodgers start em ?? Those are the questions to be answered.. Having Reviewed the match against Stoke I can say that there's a real miscommunication going on in LFC's four-backs and even with Stevie doing a more defensive work at Stoke they took 3 goals.Talking about Stevie's return apart from his 90mins Header which could have been the best own goal of the season;),he's been exceptional after coming from injury,as usual surgical on his long ball passing and controlling game tepo.Keep it up Stevie. Sturridge!!What about him? Well I don't think anybody needs to hear more from the SaS performance BUT what I want to highlight is his fantastic come back from a 2 month injury.He played like he was never injured or miss 2 month competition and his goal was wonderful. Sterling improving game after game and showing a devastating speed that improves drastically Liverpool's going forward. Now against A.Villa where there's a very good Benteke which could trick that fragile Liverpool's defence and surprisingly having a very good away defence could Liverpool take those 3 points? The answer for me is a big YES considering the 90mins SaS combi ,the average Villa away scoring and the Anfield factor and of course the motivation of keeping contact with top-three for CL qualification..There maybe the question of an Arsenal beating them only 1-2 but Arsenal's attacking power is not a reference but the attacking and moving forward capacity of LFC with SaS and Sterling could prove too much for the Villains but not denying Villa could net one also. Rafa Benitez was interviewed and tipped Liverpool to be in top-four by the end of the season and highlighting LFC playing M.city,Arsenal and Chelsea at Anfield and having no European commitment as the other big teams so they will have enough time preparing for each EPL game (source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/exclusive--rafa-benitez-liverpool-will-qualify-for-champions-league-ahead-of-manchester-united-because-they-have-no-european-distractions-9065617.html ),they will also be bound by less injuries or fatigue. Liverpool taking the 3 points against Villa seems too obvious to me and the score could be high again as they seems to care for the goal-average also which who know's could help later. LIVERPOOL WIN @ 1.25 Paddypower 10/10 BTTS YES @ 2.05 Ladbrokes 4/10 GL to all.

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > Saturday January 18th 4pts Over 3.5 goals 11/10 Stan James I think we’ll see goals in this match. Both sides are better on the front foot and they both have bags of pace to break the opposition defence open with. They also have some of the best strikers in the Premier League so everything points to goals being a feature of this match. With Suarez in the form he is in the odds against on over 3.5 goals looks a fair play to me. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/liverpool-vs-aston-villa-betting-expect-to-see-the-nets-bulge-at-anfield

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > Saturday January 18th Liverpool have freaky record at Anfield. They have not conceded a 1st half goal this season. Goals for 18, against 0. So if you are looking at BTTS it's more like ' can Villa score in the 2nd half', because they probably won't score (based on the stats) in the 1st half. If you think Villa can score in the 2nd half, the question is ' can liverpool score 2 second half goals' ? If your answer is yes then the BTTS bet is a decent bet. If the answer is no, then Aston Villa 2nd half double chance is a better option at odds of 2.6 888bet, 2.47 ladbrokes

Re: Liverpool v Aston Villa > Saturday January 18th

Liverpool have freaky record at Anfield. They have not conceded a 1st half goal this season. Goals for 18, against 0. So if you are looking at BTTS it's more like ' can Villa score in the 2nd half', because they probably won't score (based on the stats) in the 1st half. If you think Villa can score in the 2nd half, the question is ' can liverpool score 2 second half goals' ? If your answer is yes then the BTTS bet is a decent bet. If the answer is no, then Aston Villa 2nd half double chance is a better option at odds of 2.6 888bet, 2.47 ladbrokes
The next question I'd ask myself is how likely is that trend to continue in the duration of the season.

The next question I'd ask myself is how likely is that trend to continue in the duration of the season.
Villa are a very poor 1st half team . They have just 1 goal in 10 1st halves at home which is sick, and just 5 goals in 10 1st halves away. That's 6 goals in 20 1st half games, which is pretty bad. I think they get smacked in the 1st half and then come back a little into the game, as Liverpool take their foot off the gas. They may be 2 or 3 down by 45 minutes though. Liverpool should actually be stronger having Sturrige and Suarez together. Villa can't score here unless Liverpool fall asleep in the 2nd half.

Liverpool have freaky record at Anfield. They have not conceded a 1st half goal this season. Goals for 18, against 0. So if you are looking at BTTS it's more like ' can Villa score in the 2nd half', because they probably won't score (based on the stats) in the 1st half. If you think Villa can score in the 2nd half, the question is ' can liverpool score 2 second half goals' ? If your answer is yes then the BTTS bet is a decent bet. If the answer is no, then Aston Villa 2nd half double chance is a better option at odds of 2.6 888bet, 2.47 ladbrokes
first post here. Beware of gamblers fallacy.