National Hunt Racing > Wednesday January 8th

Doncaster 2:45 I had Triangular picked out as my bet for tomorrow, decide to make a cup of tea and then back it.. Make my tea and he is gone from 10/1 into 6/1. Value gone. Clear value in the field for me now is Tickatack ridden by Wayne Hutchinson. He finished 2nd to Clondaw Flicka over course and distance back in November and is only 1 pound higher here so he definitely looks overpriced at 14/1. He has been placed off marks of 111 in the past and gets to run off 103 here and with a good jockey booked I think he can go well. Wayne Hutchinson is also 1/1 (100%) for the trainer when he rides here at Donny. Tickatack WIN @ 14/1 Sky Bet

Re: National Hunt Racing > Wednesday January 8th Copied from my Notebook thread; Notebook horses are getting a bit thin on the ground with pretty poor races since xmas on terrible ground. However we have no excuses today with 3 nice hurdles at Donny on good to soft going. Thought i would have a look at each contest; The 12.10 is a good one to get the meeting going with on for two bits of useful form on show. Minella Friend was in the notebook after his run at Exeter and i commented that he would be interesting when going over a trip as he seemed to get outpaced and stayed on again. Well he did move up to 2m5f next time and was a touch disappointing for me, he was left behind by a couple of fair types but i'm surprised to see him step back to 2m3f here. Softsong had some good form when with P.Hobbs and has been handicapping, first start for the new yard here and is best watched i reckon. Namibian was a class act on the level for M.Johnston and didn't really impress on his hurdles debut and weakened badly up the home straight behind Wadswick Court. He could well be a different horse today and wouldn't write him off just yet. Nordic Quest was third in that Huntingdon contest and although only rated in the 70's on the flat he looked like a sort who will progress over hurdles and if he can improve on that run he could be the one to beta here on this flat track which suits the ex-flat types. Division 2 of this contest (1.10) doesn't look as competitive and includes a couple of fancied runners making their debuts over hurdles. N.Henderson runs Act Alone and he will be the favourite, he didn't manage to win either of his two bumpers so probably not one of the yards leading lights. Abigail Lynch is a point to point and bumper winner with a big reputation. She receives the mares allowance and ha sot be respected but would be happier if she up against her own sex. Sir Pitt has the form in the book, he was 5th to Zarkandar in the 2011 Triumph Hurdle and that alone would be good enough to win this but then had a long time off with injury. He made his second comeback at Ffos Las the other day and travelled like a good horse before being outpointed late on, he looks pretty solid and will no doubt be going handicapping soon. Pipe runs Smiles For Miles who could improve on his first run and could nick a place. The 2.10 is all about the odds on favourite Diamond King, i'm not his biggest fan so won't be getting involved at 4/9. I opposed him last time and to be fair he threw the race away with a bad mistake. With New Years Eve a NR it doesn't leave much in opposition but of those at bigger prices i'd keep an eye on Ifits A Fiddle, he was given a quiet ride last time and then made up some ground before clouting the third last, he could improve and outrun his price of 25/1. Bet: 12.10 Nordic Quest 5/2 bet365