** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NBA Thursday

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NBA Thursday

Yeah see what your saying mate. I should have been more specific. Yes the edge either way' date=' for or against; is increased if you bet multiples. In this example i guessed the bookies had the edge.[/quote'] and as for the edge, im not sure what your talking bout but if it helps my rockets and magic bet is in with 3 other tennis game bets (all bankers) increasing the profit but keeping it safe, the combined odds are less than 2-1 but hey. (see proofing forum) £50 down (i did same bet as proof forum with my money), £99 back, that is doubling my account balance, started the night with £100 in there, £99 profit there, im sorry but for 5 banker wins thats good.

hey guys' date=' could yall do me a favour? im trying to start up a tipping company, bit of extra cash if it comes off, ive just started a proofing thread, please could you show your support, and vote on the poll in there, thanks guys, any support from the likes of u guys, sani and tazz in particular would be great, and b4 you say it, i am a good tipper, i just get greedy, so now im pickin for others its not so aggressive due to needing proper results, please support me[/quote'] Sorry Moe, but i'll be honest. Saying this sounded silly is an understatement.

and as for the edge' date=' im not sure what your talking bout but if it helps my rockets and magic bet is in with 3 other tennis game bets (all bankers) increasing the profit but keeping it safe, the combined odds are less than 2-1 but hey. (see proofing forum) £50 down (i did same bet as proof forum with my money), £99 back, that is doubling my account balance, started the night with £100 in there, £99 profit there, im sorry but for 5 banker wins thats good.[/quote'] Your digging yourself a hole mate. Stop digging. And get your money on Parker Bowles. Now thats a banker. She's a sort.

Re: NBA Thursday Not sure if I should have posted this in your proofing thread or on here, but as everyone is looking in here. Are you taking the piss?

hen tomorrow around 3pm come the tennis matches, nalbandian, roddick and moya, all in form, all way too much for there opponents, this is a cracking start guys!
****ing hell!! Are you serious? Bandy is as out of form as they come, did you see him last week? Have you seen him all year? And do you know Roddick needed a 3rd set tiebreaker against Verdasco last week? I assume he must have been even more of a banker then? All that said, they should all win, but I believe you are now talking out of your :loon:loon:loon. The mind boggles:sad

Your digging yourself a hole mate. Stop digging. And get your money on Parker Bowles. Now thats a banker. She's a sort.
wtf?? what are you talking bout diggin a hole? this is a betting forum, which you do not run, i can say what i want and try whati want. ill appreciate it if u stay off my back

Not sure if I should have posted this in your proofing thread or on here, but as everyone is looking in here. Are you taking the piss? ****ing hell!! Are you serious? Bandy is as out of form as they come, did you see him last week? Have you seen him all year? And do you know Roddick needed a 3rd set tiebreaker against Verdasco last week? I assume he must have been even more of a banker then? All that said, they should all win, but I believe you are now talking out of your :loon:loon:loon. The mind boggles:sad
nalbandian has just sorted out a elbow problem which has been holding him back, he will fire off again, and as for roddick he aint a machine, tie breaks are fine, he is beatable, but yet still getting the results. just wait mate. we will see who is gettin lairy when the guys come home

Re: NBA Thursday I'm not criticizing you and i wish you luck, but you joined this forum 5 days ago, you ask others for their opinion on most of your tips, you change your mind regarding your tips, and now you want to become pay-tipster. I'm not saying you can never be one, just take it one step at a time. Good luck anyway, if you really decide to give it a go. P.S. I could've said something like 'yeah man you can do it' but i really don't think you ready (yet). I was just being honest and gave my opinion, but if that bothered you, just forget i said anything, no hard feelings.

as i said mate im willing to let results do the talking' date=' i hate people who attack p-eople on a open free forum, this was my fave thread, up until now. i dont see why people have to get rude[/quote'] If you meant me, i don't think i was rude, pal. And i didn't attack you.

Re: NBA Thursday no, mainly olbighead, um and to the roddick 1/100 comment, the risk would outway thee reward, i mean like, if i had a choice of taking boston -14.5 @ 5/1 or summink or boston to win the game @ 1/5, id take the last one, its safer profit, less risk, u with me?

Re: NBA Thursday Ok, guys!...Enough, hey! Things are starting to go a bit down hill now. Each to their own...If Moe wants to (think he can make $$) play big 'certain' accy's, then fine, Moe. Go for it. You've now had 3-4 experienced and knowledgable gamblors suggesting to you that it's not the way to make a profit....And the other guys, that's all we can do, is suggest. No need to get into a slugfest over it. Moe, you're just as welcome as anyone else to post your plays here, but let me add to the chorus saying that blindly backing big favs will end your short-lived gambling career! Yes, it may be a free forum, but we do like to have some order, and ...well, we've been through all this recently, so I won't go on. oldbigead...I never doubted you for a second! :D ...I just suggested today you put Portland down to win, assuming of course you picked Seattle! Like I said, I don't think it will be a popular pick. So, right. Tips from now on, or it gets locked...OOooohhh the power! :lol

Re: NBA Thursday Sorry mate, i'm not trying to be rude. If you read what i put you'll see i'm only trying to help. If you read what other people put it's not just me, evryones just being honest. I honestly wish you well, we're just saying if you listened you'd do better.

Re: NBA Thursday Besides, if anyone should be getting a little highly strung it's me, after 4-5 weeks of .500 up and down, back and forward bets. About 3 weeks of NBA to go, so can I suggest we all pipe down, put our heads together and make the most of it. oh, and I forgot to say Moe, that I'm already in a proofing 'comp'...Sports-Punter.com, is the sister site of this one. (I'm MrChristo on their tho)....Feel free to join up. Just one more basketball related news (remember that sport? ;))....Camby OUT for Denver tonight. Could increase scoring if anything....Hope it helps someone.

Re: NBA Thursday Taz, you seriously think Portland are gonna win outright? Fortson's gonna play, and it wouldn't amaze me if Ray Ray plays. His ankle is suposedly fine, they just might be playing it safe. If he does Seattle would be clear favs to cover 4 or more. Seattle with Allen are free flowing high scoring team. When they win they win comfortably. Only a few games won by 1 or 2 this whole season. Even without Allen Flip Murray is a decent backup and could start on some poorer NBA teams.

Re: NBA Thursday Portland are a great home dog, and I am sure that the line makers dont take this into account as much as they should, Portland are terrible on the road, and I think this reflects far too much on the lines. Admitedly SEA are a good team, but I think POR would be the way to go. Still fancy LAK + 9.5, line should be about 5/6, but we shall see:tongue2 Cheers JJ. Taza dont let that power get to your head, I have seen the mighty fall all too often LOL:rollin

Re: NBA Thursday Purely on avg's and a bit of maths, I think that MEM are a good road dog, I get it worked out that the line should be complete reverse, and I get the total worked out to be 183/4 so the over 175.5 looks good aswell. Cheers JJ.

Re: NBA Thursday As earlier.

The Kings V Mavs matchup is a difficult one to call. I'd picked the Mavs in the outright picks pool that i do, and was then suprised to see the Kings as slight favs. Sani you say you'd rather have Nowitzki with the game on the line rather than anyonelse. I'm gonna agree with you but Bibby has been unbelievable late in games recently. You gotta give him props when the pressures on. But Nowitzki is an unbelievable offensive talent. He's almost unstoppable if he's feeling it as he can do it either way..as a shooter or going to the basket. He still doesn't go to the basket enough though. When he does he either makes the shot or draws the foul, and a for a guy who usually makes about 9/10 from the line thats pretty useful. It's a close call but i'm sticking with Dallas. I also like Memphis as a slight underdog tonight. Clearly they're a better team than New Jersey...Jersey are at home but playing at Continental Airlines Area where they have one of the three worst home crowds in the NBA; any advantage is negated. Jersey have been pretty much a one man team. As much as i hate Vince Carter the guy can play. And as much as i like Jason Kidd he's not played well all year since knee surgery. Carter is carrying this team and Memphis have guys who are capable of playing good d on him and slowing him down a bit. Posey, Battier and the like should do this. Memphis don't have to stop him to win they just have to control him and they should be able to do this. The only worry is all the guys coming back for Mmephis still feeling their way in. But if this isn't too much of a problem then i think Memphis are favourites. And this should be less of a problem as the Grizzlies are coming off four days rest and a chance to practice and integrate Gasol back into the swing of things. So don't wait sign up for my SEASON BEST 17* PICK TODAY. THIS ONE CAN'T BE BEAT. FOR JUST $500, POUNDS, EUROS, OR CURRENCY EQUIVELENT I WILL PAVE YOUR WAY TO UNTOLD RICHES. Shit. I already have. Memphis it is then. PS if you only have 70p to stake, but want to make a million. I suggest an 8 fold accumilator. Memphis to win tonight, Northern Ireland to beat England at the weekend, Shergar to win 2006 Gold Cup, Mansfield Town to win 2006 FA cup, Norway for the Eurovision Song Contest, Bangladesh to win next cricket World Cup, Camilla Parker Bowles to win Miss World and Ronnie Corbett to win the high jump at this summers World Athletics Championships. Easy money. I've got 70p and i can't lose.