National Hunt Racing > Wednesday December 18th

Aidymac

Re: National Hunt Racing > Wednesday December 18th Ludlow 1.20 - Tornado In Milan 4/1 Boylesports Only a 7 runner handicap so this one looks quite a good price considering the form of his last chase debut with the 3 ahead of him showing improved form off marks in the low 120's since. I have watched that race back, and whilst his jumping was a little sloppy towards the finish, it looked quite noticeable that Mr Maloney was keen to not put the gun to his head and it was only after the last that he got serious and Im not even sure he gave him a hit with the stick. At the time of this race I thought a lot Ewan Williams horses (especially chased debutants) were being guided round rather than raced and this one certainly falls into that category. He is clearly progressive and given the form and the fact that this horse still finished his race off quite nicely, I do think there could be much more to come and in a fairly weak race, he could be the one to beat. Of the rest, Pearls Legend is probably the biggest danger but Im not too sure how well he finishes off his races because on the last two occasions he has jumped nicely over the last couple of fences although to plug on at the one pace. He only ran 10 days ago which is another negative and the two combined is more than enough to put me off despite the form looking decent. Top weight Prince Of Dreams is certainly one to be wary of as he has some solid form in the book. I would be a little concerned about him needing the run though as his record fresh isnt the strongest and he would probably be more of interest to me after his seasonal pipe opener. The Twiston-Davies horse looks a little underpriced given the strength of his form recently, especially as he is jumping up in class tomorrow. His horses at the bottom of the handicap are always ones to be wary of though as he showed with the late Master Of The Sea last season over hurdles. The rest all either out of form or too inconsistent for my liking.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.