National Hunt Racing > Thursday December 12th

Aidymac

Huntingdon 2:00 - Betfred Peterborough Chase (Grade 2) In summary I feel this is a wide open contest, you can make a case for every horse in the field to be honest but the value for me lies with the Paul Nicholls Ghizao. The yard have hit a purple patch the past couple of weeks and I have no doubt they should have this gelding spot on after a long break. He has in the past beat Captain Chris easily on two occasions and now is in reciept of 14 pounds from that horse so runs off a nice weight. Ghizao - 2 Points WIN @ 8/1 Betfred Read Full Preview @ http://www.punterslounge.com/peterborough-chase-betting-ghizao-looks-the-value-bet-for-the-in-form-nicholls-yard

Re: National Hunt Racing > Thursday December 12th Huntingdon 130 - Karazhan 15/2 BetVictor & Fergall 18/1 BetVictor Im not really a fan of backing horses without a run at this stage of the season both of these two seem to have a decent record fresh. Karazhan appears second choice based on jockey bookings but the form of his sole hurdles win has worked out well with the 2nd and 3rd running well off marks around 130 and even the 4th has won and placed a couple of times, albeit off a low mark but whilst getting lumps of weight and a beating. He ran a bit green in front but still managed to put the race to bed quite nicely in the straight in the manner of a decent horse. If he is fit, which I cant see Henderson not having him so, especially now his form is picking up, then he could be an interesting & progressive contender. Fergall is a surprisingly good price given he has contested a couple of decent races where the form has worked out quite well. The horse he beat LTO has placed and won at this level since off a mark of 121 and the form of his Ascot run in particular is very strong with the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th all running with credit since making the selections mark of 124 look lenient. He is dropping down in trip today but given he is a front runner that shouldnt be too much of a problem and it is also encouraging that the track will play to his strengths in that regard. There do appear to be a couple of other front runners but at least this one should have the stamina to see them off if the race works out like that. Of the rest Chat Room is a complete unknown given his two hurdles runs have been on heavy ground. He went out like a light LTO suggesting the run was needed but neither race has thrown up much form and whilst I certainly wouldnt rule him out, it would be too much of a speculative bet IMO. Prompter certainly isnt without a chance, but Im not keen on horses running so quickly after their last run. He also appears reluctant to win with the race seemingly in the bag LTO before finding nothing. Springinherstep is the mount of Geraghty but the form of her last couple of runs doesnt give her a shot off this mark IMO. She was hampered LTO but even so I think she will have to improve a bundle (albeit her earlier form is decent). Halifax is a horse I am struggling to work out. Im not sure the trip suits and whilst I couldnt rule him out there isnt enough in the form for me to back him. He looks a bit quirky too. Roberto Pegasus is certainly a horse that I think has a chance off this mark especially when you consider how well his recent Cheltenham run has worked out but he looked as though Cheltenham over 17f was a bit too sharp (as he has done around this trip previously) and I cant help but think that will again be the case round this much sharper track tomorrow. Finally, Keltus looks remarkably short in the betting for what he has achieved so far. Obviously he has plenty of scope for improvement as a 3yo but the form seems quite weak (aside from the easy winner LTO) and whilst I again wouldnt rule him out, there isnt enough there for me to back him either.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.