** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th

Aidymac

• 2 weeks later...

Re: FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th From UEFA.com

Group H AC Milan (8) v AFC Ajax (7) FC Barcelona (10) v Celtic FC (3) • Barcelona are through but require a draw to ensure first place as Milan could still overtake them with a victory. • Milan need a draw to hold off Ajax, who cannot finish above second. • Celtic are destined for fourth.

Re: FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th I'd have a more serious look closer to the game but I can't help but feel Celtc on some sort of handicap could be a smart play on Wednesday. There's absolutely no pressure on the away side and they normally fair well in the Camp Nou, in relation to their expectations. It's arguably a weaker side than the one which lost 2-1 there last season, but Barcelona may not be the same side either.

Re: FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th 4pts Celtic Over 0.5 goals 21/20 William Hill Celtic have nothing to lose in this match and they’ve been scoring for fun so they look a nice price to bag a goal here. Barcelona have only kept one clean sheet in their last six games and with Celtic scoring 12 in their last two, albeit against poor opposition, I’m not sure they should be odds against to score here. Back Celtic to notch as they bow out of Europe. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/barcelona-vs-celtic-betting-celtic-can-bow-out-of-europe-with-a-goal

Re: FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th Barca clean sheet: Yes @1.87 Betfair This seems like a no brainer to me. Celtic are extremely Poor this season and are well out of their depth in this Group. Scoring just 2 goals in one match. The other 4 games they have been shooting blanks. BArcelona managed a clean sheet at Celtic Park, so I can't see how they will score at the Nou Camp. Its not risk free, as Celtic may get 1 corner or a free kick during the match (their only hope of scoring). But I still like the price here and feel its worth taking a punt at these odds. This bet will even win if its a 0-0. As BArcelona would still top the group with a draw, and Celtic could stick 11 men in Goal. :clap

Re: FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th

Barca clean sheet: Yes @1.87 Betfair This seems like a no brainer to me. Celtic are extremely Poor this season and are well out of their depth in this Group. Scoring just 2 goals in one match. The other 4 games they have been shooting blanks. BArcelona managed a clean sheet at Celtic Park, so I can't see how they will score at the Nou Camp. Its not risk free, as Celtic may get 1 corner or a free kick during the match (their only hope of scoring). But I still like the price here and feel its worth taking a punt at these odds. This bet will even win if its a 0-0. As BArcelona would still top the group with a draw, and Celtic could stick 11 men in Goal. :clap
Have you actually watched any of Celtic's games this season? We haven't been outplayed in any game, just missed chance after chance due to not having a settled striker. We should have won at the San Siro after dominating them for long spells (still not sure how we lost that game) and were close to beating Barca with 10 men. Admittedly we've been pretty poor the last 2 games but in no way have we been outclassed in any of the 5 games so far, and deserve more than the 3 points we currently have. I still agree with your choice though, I don't think we'll score tonight.

Barca clean sheet: Yes @1.87 Betfair This seems like a no brainer to me. Celtic are extremely Poor this season and are well out of their depth in this Group. Scoring just 2 goals in one match. The other 4 games they have been shooting blanks. BArcelona managed a clean sheet at Celtic Park, so I can't see how they will score at the Nou Camp. Its not risk free, as Celtic may get 1 corner or a free kick during the match (their only hope of scoring). But I still like the price here and feel its worth taking a punt at these odds. This bet will even win if its a 0-0. As BArcelona would still top the group with a draw, and Celtic could stick 11 men in Goal. :clap
This guy doesn't have a clue regarding Celtic. Misleading people with his comments here. Celtic deserved a draw at the very least in Milan and the same at home against Barcelona they played very well in both games. They had no problem beating Ajax at home, Ajax had a lot of the ball but weren't very dangerous. Celtic were poor in the return leg against Ajax. And Celtic played not to bad against Milan home apart from the result. Had Celtic had clinical striker to finish chances they would of qualified from this group.

Have you actually watched any of Celtic's games this season? We haven't been outplayed in any game, just missed chance after chance due to not having a settled striker. We should have won at the San Siro after dominating them for long spells (still not sure how we lost that game) and were close to beating Barca with 10 men. Admittedly we've been pretty poor the last 2 games but in no way have we been outclassed in any of the 5 games so far, and deserve more than the 3 points we currently have. I still agree with your choice though, I don't think we'll score tonight.
Agree with you Gaz. The Undertaker's post doesn't hold water. I believe Kev has a good shout in Celtic getting a goal. Their recent demolition of a couple of SPL opponents comes after a poor display at Parkhead against Milan. To suggest that the best Celtic can hope for in the Camp Nou is one corner or a free kick is a nonsense. I go with both teams to score.

Re: FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th Barcelona's confirmed starting 11: Pinto, Montoya, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Sergio, Xavi, Sergi Roberto, Pedro, Alexis & Neymar They are definitely strong enough to beat Celtic easily, it all depends on how much they want to finish as first place in the group.

This guy doesn't have a clue regarding Celtic. Misleading people with his comments here. Celtic deserved a draw at the very least in Milan and the same at home against Barcelona they played very well in both games. They had no problem beating Ajax at home' date=' Ajax had a lot of the ball but weren't very dangerous. Celtic were poor in the return leg against Ajax. And Celtic played not to bad against Milan home apart from the result. Had Celtic had clinical striker to finish chances they would of qualified from this group.[/quote'] Let's not turn this into a Celtic thing. They are playing Barcelona in the Nou Camp, so what's your thoughts on the game at hand?

Re: FC Barcelona v Celtic > Wednesday December 11th Celtic managed a goal in the 89th min, Always a risk when a team is 6-0 up and takes their foot off the GAS.. AND Celtic managed 2 Corners in the end instead of the one Corner that i predicted. One in either half, so they certainly surprised me there. I knew Celtic would score if they managed to scrape a corner or 2. I have to congratulate the Celtic supporters on here as I got my predictions totally wrong, and they were right this time..