Re-starting Advice

I'm returning to the sport after 15 years. I gave up due to not being able to devote enough time to it and that just leads to throwing money away. At the moment I am likely to be a weekend gambler and I'm taking things slowly. I have begun buying RFO and Weekender and was wondering if there is any other publication worth reading, I understand Raceform Update merged with Weekender. I used to subscribe to Raceform and Chaseform but at the moment I cannot justify spending money on Raceform Interactive so I was wondering if the Racing Post members subscription is the way to go for now, that is when it gets back online obviously. Also are there any worthwhile books recently published so I can develop skills on race reading and spotting future winners. :)

Re: Re-starting Advice I had a similar experience as I had 12/13 years away from the sport from 1996 Prior to that I used to buy all the papers, magazines, subscribe to Haig Superform, and so on....... The biggest thing I found when I came back was that you don't need any of them now as they're all out of date by the time you read them The internet has replaced all those publications and is up to date every evening Why not get used to the online Racing Post free version then think about subscribing once you're sure you're back for good..........the cheapest subscription is £14-50 a month (which I have) which if you think about is a half or a third of what I was spending 20 years ago on the daily and weekly papers and magazines !

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.