Jumps Racing Tuesday 26th November

Lodge

1.30 - Lingfield - Morestead @ 9/2 Bet365 I'm not necessarily one to follow McCoy when he's riding for other yards but i'm quite drawn by the fact Brendan Powell has booked him to ride Morestead tomorrow (McCoy/Powell partnership is 5 from 18 in the past 12 months). He looks to be on a really good mark right now having won off 8lbs higher as recently as May and the fact he ran a good 2nd last week suggests to me his turn is close. The form of that race looks okay with the 1st and 3rd placed horses coming straight out and winning handicaps in the last week and now that Morestead is dropped back in trip i feel he'll go well. He's been running over further since that victory in May and although the drop back to 2m isn't the most obvious choice he has won twice over this distance and his best form is generally in sub 2 1/2 mile races, therefore 2m on heavy ground should be about right. I'm hoping a nice positive McCoy ride will do the trick for Morestead and get him back in the winners enclosure. I was hoping for a price of nearer 6/1 but on reflection he'll probably go off shorter than a 9/2 shot if he's going to win this so i'll take my chances at the price.

Re: Jumps Racing Tuesday 26th November 12.30 - Lin - Truckers Darling 1pt 9.4 Betfair Leighton Aspell/Don Cantillon over hurdles are 5-16 (31%) which is a very healthy strike rate. Won an Irish race last season and then was thrown into a race with the big Mullins hurdle hope for the season Annie Power in which the horse finished a tailed off last. Can't help but feel the horse might have showed a small ounce of profit to be in such company and has since changed yards and prepared to take a chance in a weak race. 1.20 - Sed - Rattlin - 2pts 2/1 Bet365 Yard in decent from and Ryan Mania has a healthy profit in Handicap Chases (50-382, 13%, +£117.83) and when teaming up with Sue Smith over fences (26-158, 16%, +£95.71), Won a couple of hurdle races and handles any ground, should go well on chase debut in another weak race. 1.30 - Lin - Morestead - 1pt 7/2 Bet365 Runner up last time out to Waltzing Tornado who won on again on Sunday and Mccoy/Powell combination in chases (8-26, 31%). McCoy of course in as good a form as ever and seems to be winning races he has no right to win at the moment. Only two rides on the entire card and the favourite opposable in this race returning from a break.