** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Saturday's Selections

I’ve had a real good crack at Saturday’s cards after a fairly disappointing Cheltenham for me from a betting point of view at least. Too many bets here really but a few of them are speculative outsiders so I’ll let myself off. Lingfield 2.25 Although I like to knock Jamie ‘Spazza’ Spencer he has been riding exceptionally on the all weather since his return from Ireland. I think he could be the difference in getting Hidden Dragon to win a race after some solid efforts in handicaps carrying big weights. In this Conditions Stakes, he is much better at the weights and should take plenty of beating. I’m disappointed he’s the Racing Post Nap and I was hoping I might see some 3/1 but that looks very unlikely now. 3.00 Party Boss really impressed me with the way he battled last time against another horse I rate quite highly, Big Band Music. I would have made him a serious bet had Jimmy Fortune kept the ride but unfortunately we have my mate the Hughesinator on board. Still, he has ridden him to victory already and although the horse looks up against it here he has some solid ratings and shouldn’t be far away. 3.30 Oh no, another Richard Hughes mount but I simply cannot let Hurricane Alan go unbacked at anything like the tissue price of 20/1. Admittedly backing horses with no a/w form to their name is a bit risky and the trip is a worry but I think HA is one of the most under rated horses in training considering the solid form he has in Group company. Hannon normally has his runners spot on early in the season if my memory serves me right so I’m hopeful of a good run. 4.05 Ffs, another Dicky mount. I’m not sure Hughes will suit the way Chateau Nichol needs to be ridden because he has to be produced at the last second and takes a fair bit of effort on the part of the jockey but I still think the horse is capable of winning off this mark especially with his superb record at this course. Bangor 3.55 It seems as though Jimmy Tennis has been around for years but he is still only an eight year old. He is slowly slipping down the handicap and his last win came in this grade. Trip and conditions are no problem and the stable are in decent form with a winner and a second at Cheltenham. He was a little disappointing last time out but that was a tougher race and he has the assistance of O’Keeffe here for the first time. Newcastle 2.10 I have been impressed by Don’t Call Me Derek’s first two efforts over hurdles and I believe he can make it three out of three today. Seb rode him to victory in the summer and he’s continued that good form during the winter. This will be a lot tougher for him than those first two outings but he handles conditions and could well prove a fair bit better than this company. 3.45 Caesar’s Palace is a horse that always runs his race and although you may not think so going on his last few runs, looks handicapped to win. I think the secret is he needs to get his own way out in front and that should be possible today with Huka Lodge the only other one who sometimes front runs but is better when settled off the pace. Uttoxeter 2.00 Taking a bit of a chance with this one but the way Bob Bob Bobbin ran at Cheltenham gives me confidence that Jaunty Times can run a big race. The horse is very unexposed and although has a fair bit to find on the book, could well prove up to the task and is a fair price at around 12/1. I’m sure Holland Park is going to win a race before long. He was very unlucky in running last time when going well and will be having a saver on him. 2.35 More of a hunch than a strong selection this. Shotgun Willy’s last win came off 155 and he is now 10lbs lower in the handicap. He might have lost some of his ability but he does have a liking for this course and this might look like the stable’s second string but I would much rather be on Shotgun Willy than Howdydoody. I’ll update with prices in the morning.

Re: Saturday's Selections Yeah good shout on hidden dragon mabbs, and as you said, its a shame those racing post fools had to spoil what would of been a good price! ill be sure to check back with you and give you a pat on the back when he comes in for both of us! How much you back him at?

Re: Saturday's Selections Thanks lads, just hope we get a winner or two now. Jaunty Times 2.00 Uttoxeter 1pt win @9.4 2pts place @2.36 Holland Park 2.00 Uttoxeter 3/4pt win @17 1pt place @3.15 Don't Call Me Derek 2.10 Newcastle 3pts win @2.32 Hidden Dragon 2.25 Lingfield 2pts win @3.45 Shotgun Willy 2.35 Uttoxeter 1pt win @65 1pt place @9.6 Party Boss 3.00 Lingfield 2pts win @4.9 Hurricane Alan 3.30 Lingfield 1pt win @24 2pts place @5.3 Caesar's Palace 3.45 Newcastle 1pt win @8.2 2pts place @2.58 Jimmy Tennis 3.55 Bangor 2pts win @8.2 Chateau Nichol 4.05 Lingfield 1pt win @16.5 2pts place @4.8 Staked 24.75pts