** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued

I am not sure if this is the right place to post my predictions - I am not really using a defineable system - not one that has a set sequence of rules or instructions - perhaps a moderator can advise on this. Obviously bets or 'trades' will be posted a.s.a.p., but due to the nature of spread betting and last minute data ( shirt numbers, team changes, etc.) - this may be seconds before kick off. I also trade 'in running' so that presents a slight problem, but I assume posts will be 'time tagged' and can be confirmed as not 'back-timed' bets, (bets notified as placed after the outcome is known - cheating in other words!) I have no intention of misleading anyone - there's no point. It's real time betting with (my) real money. Once I have decided a trade I will post it here, but reserve the right to alter or delete it , prior to kick off, obviously, subject to new data becoming available. I hope I will have the support of all Punter's Lounge members - please feel free to ask any questions, and use my trades for your own bets if you wish, -but at your own risk! Watch this space! - Spreadman.:hope

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Paste in here what you written in the general chat for those who wont have read that, so everyone gets the jist of what your looking to achieve. Danny Cash is doing a slightly similar thing looking to make $1000 from $20. Should be pounds signs but none on my keyboard?? Are you going to be sticking to just spread bets and any staking plan, say every 10% bank increase, increase stakes 10% for example? And finally good luck!

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Christianu, I'm new to all this computer stuff so not sure how to 'paste'- please excuse my ignorance! Perhaps someone can do that for me. As for a staking plan, it's difficult with spread betting to develop a suitable, practical and workable system. Each time you trade you can never be sure of the exact returns (or losses!) , but I am used to using £1 to £3 per point, obviously that will have to change in order to win a larger amount more quickly. Possibly £10 to £20 perpoint. After a loss I will probably increase my stake slightly but, just as with fixed odds, a long losing run can quickly drain your betting bank.So far the longest losing run (LLR) has been 3 trades , so I guess I have been lucky.-Off to bed now, looking forward to tomorrow- as they say, 'the longest journey begins with the one small step.......' Spreadman.:zzz

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued

Please read this important message - it's not just about aT.V. commercial and a car. It's about life, hope, and a seemingly impossible dream. It's about conquering doubt,setting a goal and overcoming your fears to make your dreams a reality.Join me in my quest to go from 0 to £15995 in 99 days. Please read on....... First, let me explain. It's been a few days since I first saw the new T.V. commercial for the 'A' class Mercedes car. Not your typical car ad. - a haunting piano soundtrack, black and white screen shots,distorted images. It immediately held my attention.I could empathise with the 'story' it told: man trapped in day to day drudgery of an office job - the overbearing bosses, - the daily grind on the treadmill of work. He runs and runs, and, finally finds sanctuary in the confines of his car. To me this was more than a T.V.ad. It was a wake up call - get out of the rat-race - 'drive yourself away to freedom' . And that got me wondering. What if there was a way for me to achieve this 'freedom', - -and along the way get myself a class motor? After a great deal of soul searching and 'what-ifs...', I decided that I would set myself a challenge: to win £15995 , (which is roughly the cost of a new 'A' class Merc.),.... within 99 days........... So, each day Iwill post my intended bets on a thread under Betting Strategies, if that's the right place, for all to see.('To be continued' , -full details to follow in the BETTING STRATEGIES forum.)
Ive copy and pasted your original post for you.
Once I have decided a trade I will post it here, but reserve the right to alter or delete it , prior to kick off, obviously, subject to new data becoming available.
Id advice making a new post detailing any changes to your original bet rather than editing any posts. Good Luck.

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued- today's bets Hi, there, welcome to the 1st day of the Mercedes 'A' class challenge. My trades this evening are in the West Ham v Leicester match, sky sp.3, k.o. 7.45. Trade 1: Sell total goals at 2.4 for £20 per goal.Max win=£48, Max loss:£50+. Trade 2:Sell total shirt numbers at 41 for for £5 per point.Max win=£205, Max loss=£200+. Sell hotshots at 30 for £2 per point.Max win=£60, Max loss=£80+. The best resultwould be 0-0, or a low score. The worst case scenario is 3+ goals. Now for the betting status: START BANK:£1000 CURRENT BANK:£1000 NUMBER OF BETS:3 WIN BETS=0 LOSE BETS=0 PROFIT=0 MAX WIN POSSIBLE:£313 MAX LOSS POSSIBLE:£330 I will post the results later tonight or first thing tomorrow. Spreadman.:hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Well, it was bound to happen. Expect the worst to happen and it does! (We call it 'sod's law' in the u.k.) West ham and Leicester, both low scoring teams, put away 4 goals between them to make my first bet a loser! A missed penalty could have made things even worse. Still you must always look forward, this weekend has some good winning possibilities. Below I have listed the bet results: BET 1: -£32 BET 2: -£5 BET 3: -£40 (sold hotshots at half time, luckily.) total loss = -£77. Not too bad when you consider that 4 goals were scored. START BANK-£1000 CURRENT BANK-£923 NUMBER OF BETS=3 WIN BETS=0 LOSE BETS=3 PROFIT/LOSS= -£77 Today's bets will be posted by 12 noon G.M.T. Spreadman.

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Apologies for late posting - waiting for team news. Bets- Dundee v Celtic SELL corners at 11.25, £10 per corner.Blackburn v Arsenal sell total goals at 2.4, £20 per goal.SELL shirts at 28 for £5 a point. SELL Bookings 38 for £2 per point. GOOD LUCK ! SPREADMAN.:hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Bolton v Norwich : SELL TOTAL CORNERS AT 11 , £10 PER CORNER, SELL BOOKINGS AT £28, £2 PER POINT, SELL HOTSHOTS AT 24, £2 PER POINT, BUY SHIRTS AT 32, £1 PER POINT. GOOD LUCK! SPREADMAN.:hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Final trade tonight, 8.30 k.o.,DEPORTIVO v BARCELONA. BUY TOTAL GOALS AT 2.6, £20 PER GOAL. SELL TOTAL CORNERS AT 9.75, £10 PER CORNER. Full statement of today's +/- trades tomorrow, bank etc. Spreadman.:hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued

BET 3: -£40 (sold hotshots at half time, luckily.)
Whilst I wish you all the best in pursuing your Mercedes, and I have no reason to doubt you, unfortunately you won't receive much creditibilty by adding things in like this. I appreciate you are probably subject to tight time constraints when making these trades, but in essence it's the same as after-eventing.

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Dear Hodgey, point taken; in my 'newbie innocence' and, dare I say, naiivety, I did not imagine that the trade would be conceived as 'after eventing'. To avoid any future discrepancies and to hopefully preserve my integrity, I will avoid posting 'in running bets', although they can, at times, represent a significant per centage of my trades. Sincere apologies to all. Spreadman. :spank

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Trades for DAY 4, March 21st. BRIGHTON v READING : BUY TOTAL GOALS AT 2.4 , £20 PER GOAL; BUY SHIRTS AT 35, £2 PER POINT; BUY TOTAL CORNERS AT 10.5, £10 PER CORNER, BUY TIME OF FIRST CORNER AT 10 MINS., £5 PER MINUTE. TOTAL- 4 BETS. RESULTS POSTED AFTER MATCH ON THIS THREAD. GOOD LUCK! Sreadman. :hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued RESULTS UPDATE: 19TH MARCH, DAY 2 : BLACKBURN v ARSENAL : BET 1- +£25, BET 2- +£85, BET 3- -£24. PROFIT/LOSS=+£86, PREVIOUS BANK: +£873, NEW BANK: +£959. DUNDEE UTD v CELTIC : BET 1 +£2.50, P/L= +£2.50 NEW BANK=£961.50. BOLTLN v NORWICH : bet 1- -£20, bet 2- +£16, bet 3- +£48, bet 4 -£25, P/L= +£19. NEW BANK=£980.50. DEPORTIVO v BARCELONA : BET 1- -£32, BET 2- -£52.50, P/L= -£84.50. NEW BANK=£896. DAY 3 : 20TH MARCH, DAY 3 : LIVERPOOL v EVERTON : BET 1- +£12, BET 2- +£8, BET 3- +£4, P/L= +£24. NEW BANK=+£920. DAY 4 : 21ST MARCH,DAY 4 : BRIGHTON v READING, RESULTS TO FOLLOW. SPREADMAN.

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued PERFORMANCE UPDATE DAY 4 : BRIGHTON v READING : BET 1- -£28, BET 2- -£50, BET 3- -£15, BET 4- -£25. TOTAL MATCH +/- = -£118. PREVIOUS BANK: +£920, NEW BANK = £802. Next live t.v matches not until Friday 25th March, so DAY 5 of bets will be on that date, posted here on this thread. BETTING REVIEW: The story so far is disappointing, to say the least. I am the first to admit that I have been betting in contradiction to the succesful spread trader's 'Golden Rule'- namely to sell 90% of trades. No excuses, but from now on I will not trade if form suggests a 'buy' trade. This will place additional pressure on my limit of 99 days in which to win £15995, but better to reach your destination late than not at all. I have a deficit of £198 to overcome, but relish the challenge. Onwards and, (hopefully), upwards! Spreadman :hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Dear all, Happy Easter etc., etc., here are the bets/trades for the first match today, day 5 of the Mercedes 'A' challenge. It's a 2.45 p.m. start for Sky Sports 1, LUTON v BARNSLEY. This has a ring of the 'multo goalo' about it, so I am going to completely ignore what I said in my previous thread about 'sells' only, and buy. (O,K,so I'm an idiot.) here are the trades - I myself will be betting 'in running when the price for 'buys' comes down but this makes for problems of percieved,(wrongly), after-eventing, so what is here are the only trades to be evaluated for profit/loss at the end of 90 mins. Any trades made at h/t will be threaded here before commencement of the 2nd half. So, here goes : LUTON v BARNSLEY : BUY TOTAL GOALS AT 2.9; £20 PER GOAL, BUY SHIRT TOALS AT 43, £2 PER POINT; BUY LUTON'S GOAL SUPREMACY AT1.2, £20 PER POINT; SELL TOTAL CORNERS AT 11.5, FOR £20 PER CORNER. Will I be crying into my choccy eggs come 5pm ? Yours, Spread(boohoo)man. :cry

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued ONE LATE POSTING: Sell total goals scored in the six 3p.m. kick offs today at 12.5, £20 per goal. This bet wins £20 for each and every goal scored, in total ,under 12, e.g. 9 total goals wins £50, 13 or more loses £5+. Good luck! Spreadman.:hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued Today's first 'A' Class bets, Boston v Yeovil, 12.15 K.O. bet 1: sell total goals at 2.8, £20 per goal. bet 2 :buy JEVONS player goal minutes at 23, £2 per minute. Bet 3: sell shirt totals at 42, £2 per point.Bet 4:Sell total corners at 11, £10 per corner.

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued 'A' Class bets for 3 p.m. K.O.'s. ENGLAND v N.IRELAND : SELL TIME OF 1st GOAL AT 34 MINUTES, £5 per minute. BET 2: BUY TOTAL GOALS AT 3.1, £10 PER GOAL. BET3: SELL TOTAL CORNERS AT 10.5, £10 PER CORNER. BET 4: BUY TOTAL GOAL MINUTES AT 143, £1 PER MINUTE. WALES v AUSTRIA: SELL TGS AT 2.4, £20 PER GOAL, SELL SHIRTS AT 24, £2 PT. SELL TOTAL CORNERS AT 10.25, £10 PER CORNER, SELL HOTSHOTS AT 31 FOR £5 PER POINT, BUY BOOKINGS AT 40, £5 PER POINT.:hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued 'A' CLASS BETS- PERFORMANCE UPDATE DAY 5 - LUTON V BARNSLEY- = +£22, +£38, -£64,-£170,-£170 = -£344, start bank= £802, new bank= £458. DAY 6- BOSTON V YEOVIL- = - £46, -£4, +£36, -£10, = -£54, start bank= £458, NEW BANK= £404. ENGLAND V N. IRELAND: -£60, +£9, +£5, +£72,= +£26, start bank= £404, NEW BANK=£430. WALES V AUSTRIA: +£8, +£6, -£37.50, +£30, £0,= +£6.50, START BANK: £430, NEW BANK= £436.50. Spreadman. :@

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued THE 'A' CLASS CHALLENGE BETS FOR DAY 7, SUNDAY, 27th MARCH. ALDERSHOT V WOKING, 13.45,pm kick-off, SKY : BET 1- BUY TOTAL CORNERS AT 11, £5 PER CORNER, BET 2- BUY BOOKINGS AT 44, £2 PER POINT.BET 3: BUY TOTAL GOALS AT £20 per goal. Spreadman.:hope

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued MERCEDES 'A' CLASS RESULT UPDATE - ALDERSHOT V WOKING, 4-0. BET 1 = -£25, BET 2 = -£18, BET 3 = +£26, MATCH LOSS = -£17. START BANK = £436.50 NEW BANK = £419.50. NEXT BETS FOR MEXICO V USA, 7pm EUROSPORT, TO FOLLOW. SPREADMAN.:\

Re: The 'A' CLASS MERCEDES CHALLENGE - continued MERCEDES 'A' CLASS BETS, DAY 7, SUNDAY 27TH MARCH. MEXICO V USA, EUROSPORT 7PM. BET 1- SELL TOTAL GOALS AT 2.4, £10 PER GOAL. BET 2- SELL CORNERS AT 10, £5 PER CORNER. BET 3- SELL TOTAL GOAL MINUTES AT 120, £2 PER MINUTE.GOOD LUCK! SPREADMAN :hope