BMW Masters 24-27 Oct

kevshat

Re: BMW Masters 24-27 Oct Tournament preview: 1pt ew N.Colsaerts to win BMW Masters 28/1 BetVictor (1/4 1-5) You might not need to be a long hitter to win around here but I think it will help and I’m certainly not taking my chances on a short hitter. One man stands out to me this week and that is Nicolas Colsaerts. Colsaerts has a good record in China with a win and a second placed finish in the China Open which is played earlier in the season and he has had a couple of good tournaments in his last two events. He is a huge hitter of the ball and if he keeps it in play that will be a major advantage this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bmw-masters-betting-nicolas-colsaerts-can-begin-the-final-series-with-another-china-title-

Re: BMW Masters 24-27 Oct Top RoW player preview: 2pts ew P.Uihlein Top Rest of the World player 11/2 Stan James (1/4 1-3) Length is going to be big this week I feel and that gives Peter Uihlein an advantage I believe. Uihlein has been playing some nice golf this season. He has four top 10 finishes since his win in the Madeira Open including runners up spots in both the Wales Open and the Alfred Dunhill Links, a tournament he lost in a playoff in to David Howell. Uihlein is very long off the tee but is fairly accurate with it and given that he arrives in China in good nick I think he has everything in his armoury to top the international entries this week. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bmw-masters-betting-peter-uihlein-can-lead-home-the-international-players-in-shanghai

Re: BMW Masters 24-27 Oct Top Englishman preview: 1pt ew D.Willett Top Englishman 16/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-3) Danny Willett showed signs of a return to form in Australia last week where he finished in a tie for third and he has the credentials to go well around here. He drove the ball very well last week which could be important. He has plenty of length but if he can combine it with accuracy again then he could well be a leading player this week. Willett has gone well in China before and with length vital on this course he could top the Englishmen at a decent price. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/bmw-masters-betting-danny-willett-s-return-to-form-can-see-him-top-the-english-challenge-this-week

Re: BMW Masters 24-27 Oct I've left it late to get involved in this tournament but having watched a fair bit play for the last two days I'm surprised Luke Guthrie is still favourite in most places. He's been grinding away for two long rounds trying to defend his lead and that would take it's toll on anyone let alone a young american making his debut in a big tournament overseas after playing in the US last weekend (14 hour flight) plus there's been criticism of his slow play, including from playing partner Ricardo Gonzalez during the third round. In short he must be feeling a bit knackered and as I also think Cabrera-Bello has been slightly disappointing when in contention since his win in Dubai early last year I'll be backing Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano to win the final three-ball (13/8 Ladbrokes/Hills) and hopefully his seventh European Tour win (4/1 generally). He's often written off as being a bad putter - yes he does miss a few shorties but I don't think that's because he's crumbling under pressure and, to compensate, he seems to hole more really long putts than most. He was holing out OK yesterday and looked confident in attacking the flags which I think will be necessary to win as the weather is expected to be fine and less windy than the first two days. Having won in Shanghai before, back in 2006, and also in Singapore in 2011, Gonzo has proved his ability to win on Asian courses so I'll be disappointed if he's not in contention. My bets: 5 points Fernandez-Castano to win outright at 4/1 5 points Fernandez-Castano to win his three ball at 13/8 3 points double Fernandez-Castano 13/8 and Rory McIlroy 10/11 (reasoning - seems to have more of a spring in his step/fair weather forecast/inconsistent playing partners) to win their threeballs. Apologies for late posting. It's been useful exercise putting some thoughts in writing and I may try again in the future unless Gonzo goes round in 95 !

Re: BMW Masters 24-27 Oct

I've left it late to get involved in this tournament but having watched a fair bit play for the last two days I'm surprised Luke Guthrie is still favourite in most places. He's been grinding away for two long rounds trying to defend his lead and that would take it's toll on anyone let alone a young american making his debut in a big tournament overseas after playing in the US last weekend (14 hour flight) plus there's been criticism of his slow play' date=' including from playing partner Ricardo Gonzalez during the third round. In short he must be feeling a bit knackered and as I also think Cabrera-Bello has been slightly disappointing when in contention since his win in Dubai early last year I'll be backing [b']Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano to win the final three-ball (13/8 Ladbrokes/Hills) and hopefully his seventh European Tour win (4/1 generally). He's often written off as being a bad putter - yes he does miss a few shorties but I don't think that's because he's crumbling under pressure and, to compensate, he seems to hole more really long putts than most. He was holing out OK yesterday and looked confident in attacking the flags which I think will be necessary to win as the weather is expected to be fine and less windy than the first two days. Having won in Shanghai before, back in 2006, and also in Singapore in 2011, Gonzo has proved his ability to win on Asian courses so I'll be disappointed if he's not in contention. My bets: 5 points Fernandez-Castano to win outright at 4/1 5 points Fernandez-Castano to win his three ball at 13/8 3 points double Fernandez-Castano 13/8 and Rory McIlroy 10/11 (reasoning - seems to have more of a spring in his step/fair weather forecast/inconsistent playing partners) to win their threeballs. Apologies for late posting. It's been useful exercise putting some thoughts in writing and I may try again in the future unless Gonzo goes round in 95 !
Excellent picking and logic Friar. Mc'Ilroy half spoiled the party for a full house. Well done:clap Late......always better than never!

Re: BMW Masters 24-27 Oct

Excellent picking and logic Friar. Mc'Ilroy half spoiled the party for a full house. Well done:clap Late......always better than never!
Thanks jackie. Yeah I was mentally moaning about Rory until he birdied the last to scrape a tie while Gonzo did everything right until falling over the line at the end. Got lucky basically which is what we all need. Next time I'll try to be a bit quicker off the mark although I'm not sure I'll be brave enough to tip anyone before the off like Kev, that's so tough with golf.