** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

NHL 13/14

Buffalo Sabres @ Pittsburgh Penguins Sabres are 7-20 in their last 27 games playing on 0 days rest. Sabres are 3-8 in their last 11 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation. Penguins are 47-20 in their last 67 games playing on 1 days rest. Sabres are 7-16 in the last 23 meetings. Pittsburgh have had one day rest after the home win against New Jersey (3-0) Buffalo have played two games, away against Detroit (2-1) and at home last night against Ottawa (0-1). Buffalo have a b2b today away against a very good Pittsburgh (that did win away against Detroit with 5-1 in pre-season) My picks for this game is Pittsburgh @ 1.67 (you can find up to 1.7x) Pittsburg -1.5 @ 2.30

Re: NHL 13/14 Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames Flames are 5-12 in their last 17 in the third game of a 3-in-4 situation. Canucks are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings. Calgarys first home game after two games on the road. This years Calgary have alot of young players up front that have show'd that experts are wrong when they did put Calgary to be part of the teams that ends last this season. They have done many goals but have also got goals against them. The problem they have are not the forwards is there goalkeeper and they will change keeper for the home game and start with Joey MacDonald. Calgary @ Washington 4-5 (lost on PS) Calgary @ Columbus 3-4 Vancouver did start this season with a lost against San Jose (4-1) away, follow'd by a home win against Edmonton (6-2). The game against Calgary is a b2b for Vancouver. The Sedin Twins did a good job last night and was part of Vancouvers win, and i think they will continue where they ended last night. Last four games between this teams have ended, and even then it have been alot of goals. Calgary - Vancouver 1-4 Vancouver - Calgary 5-2 Calgary - Vancouver 4-2 Vancouver - Calgary 5-1 So my picks for this game will be over 5.5 @ 1.91 (William Hill)

Re: NHL 13/14 Philadelphia Flyers @ Carolina Hurricanes Flyers are 33-10 against Carolina Flyers are 15-10 away against Carolina Carolina have started this season with two home games. First out was a win against Buffalo (1-0) follow'd by a loose against Detroit (2-3 OT). The last game against Detroit Carolina was in the lead with 2-0 and drop it last period to 2-2. Flyers have start this season with loosing two games. First game at home against Toronto (1-3) follow'd by a away game against Montreal (4-1). Last season Flyers did start with three looses and did miss the Play Offs, BUT there goal this season is to make it to Play Off and with the records they have against Carolina this is the game to stop the loosing games and make a turn. Today Carolina will start with Khudobin in goal and will be the first game with his new team. Last season he did play with Boston with a GAA at 2.32 and a SVS (%) at .920. I have a feeling that Flyers are hungry after a win now and with a new keeper in Carolina and with two loose in the backpack it makes my pick on the underdog more intressting. My pick is Flyers @ 2.20 (William Hill)

Re: NHL 13/14 Calgary - Vancouver 4-5 (OT) - Pick Win The game started very slow with only 3 goals after two periods but in the last period it was a goal party with 5 goals Carolina - Philadelphia 2-1 - Pick lost A very boring game between this two teams and Flyers was really bad and didn't deserve to win

Re: NHL 13/14 New York Rangers @ LA Kings Home team is 4-0 in the last 4 meetings. Under is 3-0-2 in the last 5 meetings in Los Angeles. Well here we have a h2h between to good goalkeepers. For the visitors we have Henrik Lundqvist and for the home team Jonathan Quick, two goalies with good saving %. The problem that Rangers have isnt there defence its that they will start this season with 9 away games and need to do there best to keep down goals against them and to grab points. After this game Rangers have a very hard game when they visit Sharks so keeping the scoring down is important here. LA Kings will play there first home game for the season and last year in the first home game they got a big lost against Chicago (5-2) and they don't wont let that happen again. But the game in the game is the h2h between the goalkeepers. The youngster in Kings vs the "oldi" in Rangers. I have a feeling that this game will be a low scorer. My pick Kings - Rangers u5 @ 1.90 (William Hill)

Re: NHL 13/14 New Jersey Devils @ Edmonton Oilers Two teams with the same form at the moment, both teams comming after two L games. Edmonton started this season with a home lost against Winnipeg (4-5) follow'd by a away lost against Vancouver (6-2). There team is one of the most changed team for several seasons of all NHL teams. New Jersey have the same form as Edmonton. They did start away against Pittsburgh (3-0) and follow'd that with home lost against New York Islanders (3-4 PS). In the game against Pittsburgh i found them lucky not to loose with more goals. Both teams are after there first win for the season and in this game Oilers have the advantage of home game but with the saving % for both teams goalies i cannot se that the goal party will stop as both team will go all in for a there first points. My pick Oilers - Devils o5.5 @ 2.05 (William Hill)

Re: NHL 13/14 NY Rangers @ San Jose Sharks Rangers are 30-13-8 in under against teams from Western Conference Under between this teams are 6-2 in the last 8 meetings. Under Rangers away against Sharks is 4-0 last four meetings As i said yesterday Rangers will have a 9 games away and are now b2b against Sharks after game against LA kings (se above), this time they are against a even more def. team then yesterdays and as i said yesterday Rangers will try to win but also to keep as many pucks on correct side of the net, and this will be a job for Henrik Lundqvist. On the other side of the ice we have Sharks that comes to there third home game with win against Vancouver (4-1) and Phoenix (4-1), so Niemi have only pickt up 2 pucks from inside the net. But they have done 8 goals you think? Yes that is true but now they are up against a team that are on the road and need to do what ever they can to keep the numbers down after the bad start, and Sharks are a very def. team and will fight against a team that getting more and more warm under there dress with a excellent keeper. My pick is Sharks - Rangers u5.0 @ 2.05 (William Hill)

Re: NHL 13/14 Phoenix Coyotes @ NY Islanders Coyotes are 5-15 in there last 20 road games Islanders are 10-3 when playing with two days rest Islanders are 9-1 against opponent doing 2 or less goals in prevoius match Coyotes are 2-5 against Islanders Phoenix did start the season with a home win against Rangers (4-1), follow'd with a lost away against San Jose (4-1), and have to travel all across US for there game against Islanders, for there second away game. The Islanders did start the season with a away win against Devils (3-4 PS), follow'd with a home lost against Colombus (2-3 PS). Now they are back home and need to show there fans that they can do better at home. Last season The Islanders made it to the play off and did show that they are a good team with a very talented team lineup. The home advantage will be a big part of this game. My picks are NY Islanders - Phoenix Coyotes 1 @ 1.76 (William Hill) NY Islanders - Phoenix Coyotes o5.5 @ 2.05 (William Hill)

Re: NHL 13/14 Sharks - Rangers 9-2 pick lost 2-1, 4-0, 4-1 One of the sickest games i have seen, how Lundqvist with friend could give away 9 goals, with place for alot more, is something for Sherlock to investigate NY Islanders - Phoenix Coyotes 6-1 both picks win 2-0, 3-1, 1-0

Re: NHL 13/14 Montreal Canadiens @ Calgary Flames Montreal is 5-1 over comming from a win Montreal is 5-1 over comming from a win when only get two or less goals against previous team Calgary have 8-0 over against Eastern Conference teams last 8 games The over is 3-1-1 last meeting between this teams Montreal is 14-3-2 over on the road Calgary is 9-4-2 over at home Calgary did start this season with away lost against Washington (4-3 ET), follow'd by away win against Columbus (3-4) but there first home game for this season was another loose against Vancouver (4-5 ET). This will be there second home game this season. Calgary is on the 4th place in the Goal Forward-tabel and 28th in the Goal Against-tabel. This is Montreals first away game after three games at home against Ottawa (3-1), Toronto (3-4) and Philladelphia (4-1). In 5 of 6 games for Montreal after a win they have follow'd it up with over. Montreal is on a 9th place in the GF-tabel The offensive for this game is perfect for my pick and the same goes for there defence, and i guess that you already know what my pick will be as the odds also moving on this. Calgary - Canadiens o5.5 @ 1.83 (William Hill)

Re: NHL 13/14 Calgary Flames - Montreal Canadiens 3-2 pick lost 2-0, 1-1, 0-1 Both teams had chances to made the over play possible but the goalkeepers did play well...well sometime you have to loose some to win some =) Sorry about this pick but on the paper it was to good to skip Recap from the game if anyone is intressted http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=2013020046-X-h

Re: NHL 13/14 Pittsburgh Penguins @ Florida Panthers Over is 4-0 in Penguins last 4 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game. Under is 4-1 in Penguins last 5 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game. Under is 4-1 in Penguins last 5 vs. Eastern Conference. Over is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 home games following a road trip of 7 or more days. Under is 3-0-1 in Panthers last 4 home games. Over is 9-1-1 in Panthers last 11 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game. This is Floridas first home game after four away games, win against Dallas (2-4), follow'd by loss against St Louise (7-0), loss against Philadelphia (2-1) and yesterday against Tampa Bay 7-2, as you see they even manage to loss against Philadelphia (that also have started this season very bad, so bad that they did kick there coatch after three games). Floridas regular goalkeeper Tim Thomas have still groin injury so one of this two keepers have to step up and play Jacob Markstrom have played total 3 games (2 games from start) and have a save procent of 85,5% Scott Clemmenson have played 1 game (0 from start) and have a save procent of 75% Whats there to say about Pittsburgh more then that they are one of the better teams in NHL at the moment. Pittsburgh have only played three games this season and all of the at home, win against New Jersey (3-0), win against Buffalo (4-1) and win against Carolina (5-2). They are 35% when it comes to PP and have won amazing 60% faceoffs but it dosnt stop there, in the goal they have Marc-Andre Fleury with a save procent of 96.3%, and with Sydney Crosby in there team it dosnt look like anyone can stop them, at least not a team like Florida anyway, As i said before Florida will come to this game after a 7-2 loss against Tampa Bay and yeah its there first home game but still i cannot see how they will be abel to stop the Pittsburgh that comes to this game after some resting. Pittsburgh is 19-7 in their last 26 games versus Florida and 44-14 in their last 58-games after allowing 2-goals or less in their previous game. My pick Pittsburgh -1.5 @ 2.55 (William HIll)

Re: NHL 13/14 Florida - Pittsburgh 6-3 pick lost 2-2, 2-1, 2-0 Well Pittsburgh did start with Zatkoff and not Fleury, Zatkoff did his first start for the season. Now i think i need to start getting even deepr in my picks, once again sorry for this pick

Re: NHL 13/14 Calgary Flames @ Anaheim Ducks Ducks are 4-0 in their last 4 overall. Ducks are 4-0 in their last 4 games playing on 2 days rest. Ducks are 5-1 in their last 6 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game. Flames are 2-22-3 in the last 27 meetings in Anaheim. Home team is 40-12-4 in the last 56 meetings. Anaheim is 5th in NHL in goal scoring and have won 20 of there last 29 home games. When it comes to there four last home games Anaheim have made 17 goals and only allowed 6. Jonas Hiller was a monster in the goal in the home game against Ottawa (4-1) with 30 saves, but today they have select to start with Victor Fasth. They are a attacking team and have a avarage of 56 shoots in the last four home games. Calgarys big problem is there defensive and are on place 25th in goals allowed. When it comes to killing PP they are the worst in NHL. On the road Calgary have 15 wins and 39 loss in their last 54 away games. In the goal today they will have Joey MacDonald (SvS % .897) that have won two times when starting goalie (Montreal and New Jersey) but today he will have a harder team against his team. This season is Ducks 20th anni. and they will for sure go for there 3rd straight win against a team with a bad defensive. I don't think that Victor will keep the zero in this game but in the end Anaheim will be the winner.... My picks Anaheim -1.5 @ 2.45 (William Hill) Anaheim - Calgary o5.5 @ 1.83 (William Hill) BOL Both pick lost

Re: NHL 13/14 Motherfucking son of a bitch!!! I'm not an NHL fan by any stretch of the imagination and just had my first bet which lost. Pittsburgh who have one their last 8 home games at home to Colorado who have been smashed the last 4 times to pittsburgh so all logic points to a Pittsburgh win right? Logic goes out the window when i get involved and have a punt such is the run of bad luck i've been having. I did all my research and still lost :(

Re: NHL 13/14 nothing is for sure in hockey as you already saw last night ... In the moment Pittsburgh are not playing so good as they played in the previous season . On the other hand Colorado this year are doing pretty good and all research you did means nothing . In hockey you should do research on how teams are doing in the previous rounds this year not the previous one from the previous year so if you want to bet on the hockey again you should understand the game , who is hot in the moment and so on ... So good luck ;)

Re: NHL 13/14 Yeah as Doktora says, NHL is one of the harder betting types and with all the new rules its even harder to bet on it for every season. Earlier seasons everyone did meet everyone several times, this season some teams only meet once while they meet others 5-6 times. I did take a break from putting my picks up here becouse it all did go bad and didn't wanted to be the one that only gave people games that lost. Have played a few outside this site and it have gone good again so maybe i will start to wright again (at that moment i didn't know if anyone did read this forum or not, and still don't know) The thing is that you should always look at all games and not only one game to find your pick. I follow a few own rules when it comes to betting on NHL (this are my rules and i know others follow other rules):

- When did the visitor play there last game? - When did the home game play there last game? - How long do the visitor have to travel? - Is this a b2b? (games played with no rest between) - Did the home game go from away game to home game? - Who will be in the goal?

Re: NHL 13/14

Yeah as Doktora says, NHL is one of the harder betting types and with all the new rules its even harder to bet on it for every season. Earlier seasons everyone did meet everyone several times, this season some teams only meet once while they meet others 5-6 times. I did take a break from putting my picks up here becouse it all did go bad and didn't wanted to be the one that only gave people games that lost. Have played a few outside this site and it have gone good again so maybe i will start to wright again (at that moment i didn't know if anyone did read this forum or not, and still don't know) The thing is that you should always look at all games and not only one game to find your pick. I follow a few own rules when it comes to betting on NHL (this are my rules and i know others follow other rules):
Well said ,Abyss, I look in this forum and I will try to post sometimes . Continue with the good work :clap

Re: NHL 13/14 Pittsburgh Penguins @ Carolina Hurricanes Pittsburgh is 6-1-0 in last seven games against Carolina Carolina will once again start with Justin Peters as there first goalie, Cam Ward, have a lower-body injury and will be away 3-4 weeks and the second goalie, Anton Khudobin, is also away with the same injury. Justin Peters have guarded Carolinas goal the last two away games loss against Minnesota (3-1) and Colorado (4-1) and have 0-2-0 with a 3.16 GAA and .891 SV%. Now they are back home against the Penguins... Penguins have had big problems latley with three losses. At home against Colorado (0-1) and Islanders (3-4) followd by a away loss against Toronto (4-1). Penguins have 6-1-0 against Carolina and in 4 of this game without Crosby. Today Crosby will be on the ice and as it looks now they will start with there first keeper, Fleury, in the goal. This is a perfect game for Pittsburgh to turn a three game loss to a win as Carolina will start with there third goalie, and Pittsburgh really need to go all in to win again if they whaant to fight for Stanley. My pick for this game Pittsburgh -1.5 @ 2.70 (William Hill) BOL

Re: NHL 13/14 Calgary Flames @ Chicago Blackhawks Flames have gone 14-38 in their last 52 road games Flames have gone a terrible 1-7 in their last 8-games versus an opponent with a winning record Flames have gone under the total in just 2 of their last 14-games played on a Sunday Chicago has gone a terrific 41-12 in their last 53-games versus an opponent with a less than .400 win percentage Chicago has gone 47-19 in their last 66 home games Chicago is 50-20 in their last 70-games when playing with no rest Chicago has gone over the total in their last 5-games overall Calgary are 11th in the goal scoring tabel with there 3.0 goals per game, and on a 29th place in the goal against tabel where they allow around 3.5 goals per game. There biggest problem is there goalies that have allowed to many goals this season and today they will start with Reto Berra that have a good 4-3-1, 2.66 GAA och .908 SV%, BUT thats his numbers in AHL. Today will be his first NHL game against a hungry Chicago. Calgary comes to this game after two away games against Phoenix (4-2) and Dallas (5-1) follow'd by three home games against Washington (5-2), Toronto (2-4) and Detroit (3-4). So they have 1 win and 4 loss. Chicago is on the 3rd place in the goal scoring tabel with 3.4 goals per game, and have a avg. of 33.9 shots on target with places them on the 2nd place in NHL shot on target tabel. There is no info at the moment on who will start in goal for Chicago but i guess it will be Corey Crawford (8-4, 2.12 GAA and .920 SV%). Chicago comes to this game with away loss against Tampabay (6-5 OT), home loss against Minnesota (3-5), away win against Minnesota (1-5), home win against Ottawa (6-5) and away win against Winnipeg (1-5). As you see above both teams games are with alot of goals and today Calgary will put a AHL keeper in there goals against a Chicago that do alot of goals. I will select two picks in this game. Chicago - Calgary over 5.5 @ 1.83 (William Hill) Chicago -1.5 @ 2.25 (William Hill) BOL

• 2 months later...

Re: NHL 13/14 Anaheim @ Chicago Have to take Anaheim here. They are on a 8 game win streak and have 8 wins from last 10 away - those two losses were at San Jose. They blew out Vancouver 9-1 the other night but have their feet firmly on the ground. Chicago’s form not good at the moment with Crawford looking a little vulnerable since the new year. They have 4 wins from the last 10 and lost 3 of the last 4 at home, conceding 3 goals in the last 3 games. Anaheim have won 4/4 in the H2H since the lockout ended in 2013 and have won 3 of those in Chicago. Great odds on the Ducks available on Pinnacle. Anaheim ML @ 2.29

• 2 weeks later...

Re: NHL 13/14 Dallas Stars - Pittsburgh Penguins - over 5.5 pick: Over 5.5 odds: 1.86 bookie: SBO stake: 5/10 During big part of season Pittsburgh have injured troubles with their players, but their team manage to play perfect hockey. Seems such problems doesn't reflect on team enough and IMO they are favorite against Dallas. Pittsburg's defense make mistakes, so after 7 goals in previous home game for Dallas i think hosts will score min. 3 goals. From other side Pittsburgh manage to play offensive hockey too (last game they win with score 6:4). fair spread over/under 6

Re: NHL 13/14 Columbus - Buffalo pick: Columbus -0.5 odds: 1.82 bookie: pinnacle stake: 8/10 ATM Columbus is almost perfect team and show really stable form. At their own arena team have 5/5 wins (4/5 cover -1.5 spread). Team have few missings in offense, but seems they dont reflect on ice. Buffalo in poor form without 2 forwards and poor away results - it's strange how they win against Columbus like guests in September. But we should see revenge factor from Columbus' side and IMO they are absolutely favorite in all aspects.

Re: NHL 13/14 Montreal - Boston pick: Boston odds: 1.53 bookie: Betfair Tonight Montreal are visiting Boston. Big rivalry between the 2 clubs. Recently, Boston has been on fire scoring 6 goals in their last 3 games. On the other hand, Montreal has been on a slump giving a lot of goals and it could have been a lot worse if it had not been from their starting goalkeeper Carey Price. Last Tuesday, Montreal got out of the slump with a shutout from Price against an average team that had played 5 games in 7 days. Price was very good in that game also. Tonight, the starting goalie for MTL will be the backup. With the defensive problems MTL has had recently and the fact that Boston is on fire and playing at home, I cannot see a win from Montreal tonight. My pick is Boston in that game at 8/10, might also try Boston -1.5 at 2.54 (3/10).

• 1 month later...

Re: NHL 13/14 Chicago - Pittsburgh Under 4.5 Odds: 3.30 bookie: Bet365 Under 5.5 Odds: 1.83 bookie: Bet365 This evenings Stadium Serie game is played outside at Soldier Field in Chicago. The weather forecast shows that it will be snowing which increases the probability of low scoring game. Latest encounters 24.09.13 Pittsburgh Penguins Chicago Blackhawks 3 : 2 20.09.13 Chicago Blackhawks Pittsburgh Penguins 3 : 4 21.12.11 Pittsburgh Penguins Chicago Blackhawks 3 : 2 01.10.11 Chicago Blackhawks Pittsburgh Penguins 2 : 4 23.09.11 Pittsburgh Penguins Chicago Blackhawks 4 : 1 20.02.11 Chicago Blackhawks Pittsburgh Penguins 3 : 2