Tennis Masters Series : Pacific Life Open

So with the qualifying rounds out of the way, we can get to the first proper event of the first Tennis Masters Series of the year. I will keep track of my winnings/losses for this tournament as I go along. ;) 8 pts Fish-Muller double (2.75 - Ladbrokes) Gambill really isn't in Fish's class and besides his somewhat impressive performance in Memphis earlier this year, he has been pants. While Fish hasn't been all that terrific, I think he should still have too much for what's an overrated Gambill here. Muller is another player whom I feel is very underrated and certainly has no reason to be priced at 1.83 against Lisnard IMO. 10 pts Hernych-Nieminen (2.53 - Ladbrokes) Delgado clearly does not belong in this league and it wouldn't surprise me if he should get thumped by Hernych who has done reasonably well in a number of hardcourt events. Similarly, Nieminen should also have too much for Horna. Horna will be one to look out for to cause a few upsets at Roland Garros if he gets a favourable draw, but certainly not one you'd want to back against an opponent who's just much stronger on hardcourts. 10 pts Llodra-Kiefer (2.2 - Ladbrokes) Sanguinetti is past it - I really don't fancy his chances against a big-serving Llodra here. Likewise, I would imagine Kiefer having too much for the veteran Sargsian and everything looks pretty straightforward to me. 8 pts O Rochus-Melzer (2.88 - Ladbrokes) Novak has been in patchy form all season and I simply can't understand how he could be made favourite against an in-form Rochus who has really made an impact this year. The Belgian at evens is simply irresistible IMO. I'd also go for Melzer to beat Goldstein as he looks that bit more experienced on the big stage and he has a knack for causing quite a few upsets down the years in the Masters Series and should just look too strong for Goldstein. 7 pts Monfils to bt Robredo (2.50 - Ladbrokes) This is no more than a 50-50 match IMO and 2.50 for the French wonderkid trying to establish his name on the Tour is just a tad too generous IMO. It's certainly worth a flutter. Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100pts

Re: Tennis Masters Series : Pacific Life Open

So with the qualifying rounds out of the way, we can get to the first proper event of the first Tennis Masters Series of the year. I will keep track of my winnings/losses for this tournament as I go along. ;) 8 pts Fish-Muller double (2.75 - Ladbrokes) Gambill really isn't in Fish's class and besides his somewhat impressive performance in Memphis earlier this year, he has been pants. While Fish hasn't been all that terrific, I think he should still have too much for what's an overrated Gambill here. Muller is another player whom I feel is very underrated and certainly has no reason to be priced at 1.83 against Lisnard IMO. Fish won 2-0 & Muller 2-0 :clap 10 pts Hernych-Nieminen (2.53 - Ladbrokes) Delgado clearly does not belong in this league and it wouldn't surprise me if he should get thumped by Hernych who has done reasonably well in a number of hardcourt events. Similarly, Nieminen should also have too much for Horna. Horna will be one to look out for to cause a few upsets at Roland Garros if he gets a favourable draw, but certainly not one you'd want to back against an opponent who's just much stronger on hardcourts. Henrych 2-0 & Nieminen 2-0 :clap 10 pts Llodra-Kiefer (2.2 - Ladbrokes) Sanguinetti is past it - I really don't fancy his chances against a big-serving Llodra here. Likewise, I would imagine Kiefer having too much for the veteran Sargsian and everything looks pretty straightforward to me. 8 pts O Rochus-Melzer (2.88 - Ladbrokes) Novak has been in patchy form all season and I simply can't understand how he could be made favourite against an in-form Rochus who has really made an impact this year. The Belgian at evens is simply irresistible IMO. I'd also go for Melzer to beat Goldstein as he looks that bit more experienced on the big stage and he has a knack for causing quite a few upsets down the years in the Masters Series and should just look too strong for Goldstein. 7 pts Monfils to bt Robredo (2.50 - Ladbrokes) This is no more than a 50-50 match IMO and 2.50 for the French wonderkid trying to establish his name on the Tour is just a tad too generous IMO. It's certainly worth a flutter. Robredo won 2-0 :( Cheers & Good Luck! :ok Starting Bank : 100pts
So far so good, 2 good doubles landed, heres to plenty more!

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.