Laying Dogs..

I'd like to talk about Greyhounds and Betfair (not picking up the scraps at 3am on a Saturday night from the taxi rank :puke ) Am I being too simplistic in saying backing against dogs with poor trapping speed that have plenty of pace on the inside pretty much never win? Theres about 50 BAGS races a day, must be loads of races with the slower dog on the outside getting shut off early? The Monmore 6.19 is a decent example of what I'm talking about, all the pace is on the inner and I can only see the 6 dog getting caught up in whatever goes on round the first bend.

Re: Laying Dogs.. That may be true but the price on Betfair will reflect that and could be as high as 10.0 or worse. There are many dogs badly graded on the BAGS meetings and it is possible to make money from it, I do. You cannot under estimate the importance of getting around the first bend especially at tight tracks like Crayford 380m, Oxford, Romford 400m and Sunderland, for example. At tracks like Brough Park, Hove 515m and Nottingham 500m it is not so important as the emphasis is put on staying on these galloping tracks.

Re: Laying Dogs.. It wont be till Thursday this week that I have the time to sit and scout EVERY race for selections, but from Thursday onwards I'll try a couple out a day (with monopoly money). While working for Ladbrokes (in other words, while I was watching hundreds of races a week) I always looked out for the first two bends, theres always at least two certain losers by then and have been thinking about laying them for a while. Like I said I'll have free time from Thursday...