Everton v Chelsea > Sat 14th September

Aidymac

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row1] [TD=class: firstColumn]Everton v Chelsea (17:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.85[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.15[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]101.06 % [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sat 14th September

Chelsea without Etoo, Mikel and Hazard insecure.
Eto'o and Mikel aren't starters for Chelsea anyway, so that won't be a big loss. I'm quite confident that Hazard's "Achilles" will miraculously heal and Chelsea will be full force by Saturday, but still better to wait for the official team news. Everton under Martinez have lacked goals and finishing power. Not the best start of the season from their main striker Jelavic thus far. Everton loaned Lukaku from Chelsea to boost their attacking abilities, but the young Belgian won't be eligible to play against his mother club. Everton sold their best player Fellaini to ManU and bought James McCarthy from Wigan and loaned Gareth Barry from Man City to fill the void in the midfield. Will McCarthy and Barry take part of the match? Nevertheless I don't see Everton scoring more than once here, and I expect a tight 1:2 or 1:3 victory for Chelsea.

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sat 14th September Had Moyes still been at the helm, I would've taken Everton at those odds. We always seem to raise our game against the top 4 sides. I have to say, under Martinez, we have been toothless. Then again, everyone knew that - Jelavic is no longer the player who slotted goals for fun and Kone quite frankly is woeful. Granted he hasn't been given a fair chance but from pre-season and what I've seen live so far, he's been slow off the block. Cautiously optimistic that Barry will make a massive difference because he's exactly the type of player we need, especially with Gibson being so injury prone. McCarthy knows the system and I can't wait to see how Martinez unleashes him, Barkley, Pienaar, Mirallas & Deulofeu. Who knows, we might even 'do a Mourinho' and play Mirallas up front with the four aforementioned players behind. Hazard is supposedly fit but he's not the person I'm worried about. Mata & Oscar are the guys for me and if Mata doesn't play again then I'm willing to have a cheeky punt on us. I don't bet on my own side but I'll wait for the starting line-up before passing a judgement. Good luck guys!

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sat 14th September 4pts Under 2.5 goals 4/5 Stan James These are two good sides defensively who haven’t really clicked going forward this season yet so I like the look of under 2.5 goals in this match. Both sides like to pack the midfield so this could easily descend into a bit of a stalemate but with defences expected to be on top for the large part the 4/5 on under 2.5 certainly has plenty of appeal with the potential for two good sides to cancel each other out. Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/everton-vs-chelsea-betting-defensively-strong-sides-can-cancel-each-other-out-at-goodison

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sat 14th September Wigan under Martinez were an expansive side but at Everton they are still adapting to his style of play and goals have been relatively hard to come by. Chelsea under Mourinho are ruthlessly efficient, they don't put any side to the sword if they go a goal or two up, even at home. Mourinho also clearly doesn't rate his strikers. Light showers are expected in the Northwest later also, so under 2.5 goals looks the shout even if the odds are a touch short. Bet Under 2.5 goals at 1.8 (betvictor) stake 1/10

Re: Everton v Chelsea > Sat 14th September If you are going for under 2.5 goals, is the NO to BTTS a better option ? Essentially the unders bet is 'will Everton Score ?' If they do then the under bet will probably lose. Everton's last 6 home games would have won you the NO BTTS bet. The odds for NO BTTS are slightly better better than under 2.5 ... Will leave this game alone, and keep my powder dry.