26/08 - San Diego Padres @ Arizona Diamondbacks [Playing the total]

San Diego had a very long game for 5 hours against Chicago Cubs, they don't get lots of rest as they fly to Arizona, their hosting team, to play against them tonight. In terms of pitchers we got Tyson Ross and Brandon McCarthy ... very bad pitchers, throw runs like flies! A combination of 2 unbalanced teams is a perfect recipe for an OVER. My pick: Total of OVER 8.5 RUNS @ odds of 1.91 Small pick in addition: Arizona Diamondbacks to win the game MONEY LINE @ odds of 1.74 Good luck! :ok

So tyson ross is a very bad pitcher despite having an era virtually a run lower than last nights "very good pitcher" andrew cashner? Ok mate thats what i find funny just chucking around opinions that are apparently not based on any fact or statistic Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Re: 26/08 - San Diego Padres @ Arizona Diamondbacks [Playing the total]

So tyson ross is a very bad pitcher despite having an era virtually a run lower than last nights "very good pitcher" andrew cashner? Ok mate thats what i find funny just chucking around opinions that are apparently not based on any fact or statistic Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
You are incorrect, Dan. Look at the MLB website, I'm basing my information on the description of the pitchers there ... he could have had an amazing ERA 2-3 years ago, is it relevant for now? No... Anyway here's a quote from the MLB website about Tyson Ross for this game: The 26-year-old righty is coming off his worst start since rejoining the rotation on July 23. Still, Ross kept his club in the game, working into the seventh inning against Pittsburgh despite having a below-average fastball. He has a "below avg fastball", so how would you call it? And yes, Andrew Cashner did a great job ... the game went UNDER, Cubs couldn't score until the 13th inning where Cashner wasn't there! And you know what, wait and see for yourself .... For me a good pitcher is someone who doesn't let you score runs, not someone with "impressive" ERA.

Garbage. I said lol because you called an average innings eater with a 3.55 era (even after stringing up a host of 0's on the scoreboard last night) an excellent pitcher when his numbers (for his career) show he is average at best and unlikely ever to be excellent and then you call ross who granted averages less innings per start than cashner but has an era of 2.85 over 28 starts a terrible pitcher. The numbers prove you are talking utter nonsense. Had you have said that ross was coming off a bad start and was worth opposing again then maybe you would be worth listening to but your reasoning is basically just saying any old nonsense that could be misleading to somebody who doesnt know better. As for the comment about having a grand on last night........trying to impress me because big numbers dont and besides i dont believe you ;) Good luck with your bet Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

And you know what, wait and see for yourself .... For me a good pitcher is someone who doesn't let you score runs, not someone with "impressive" ERA.
Era = earned run average my friend, how else would you judge a pitcher allowing you to score runs. Apparently you prefer to judge from one start against a below average cubs lineup Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Era = earned run average my friend' date=' how else would you judge a pitcher allowing you to score runs. Apparently you prefer to judge from one start against a below average cubs lineup [/quote'] You judge a pitcher based on his latest performance AND his statistics as well. Whether you like it or not, Tyson Ross is not a legend, ok? I am not sure how you bet but if you're so smart and know so well how it works, why don't you post your own picks?

Fair enough. But the amount of cash you have on it is not repevant. 1000 is nothing to a rich man but if 10 is your last ten then its everything (though granted if it is your last ten you shouldnt be betting it) Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
I agree. Btw it's 1000 GBP, around $1550