BBOTD Friday 23rd

cpo

1.55 York - Gospel Choir 1pt win @ 7/1 PaddyPower Sir Michael Stoute has won this 4 times since 2002 and he looks to have an excellent change of gaining a 5th win in the race with Gospel Choir. I think it's interesting this horse has been brought back from a break and pitched into this race after almost a year off the track. Prior to be off the track he looked a pattern class horse in the making with victories over the likes of Sun Central and Stencive before being unlucky on his last start at Ascot. This is very much his trip and ground conditions will be no problem. Sir Michael continues in good form and has a good record here. If I could choose any jockey to ride a horse I have backed it would be Ryan Moore. Gospel Choir is one of two horses in the race who are unexposed and I fancy him to run a big race in this. He does have to shoulder top weight but Kirthill managed to do it in this race last year. The Godolphin horse is the obvious danger but I am going to take Gospel Choir to return with a win.

Re: BBOTD Friday 23rd York 4.55 - Hay Dude 8/1 Paddy Power BOG I would have put up CPO's choice as well as I think he has a cracking chance if he is fully tuned up but I though I would edge on the side of caution and go for one that looks to be in fine form. Hay Dude was denied a clear run at an important stage at Ayr but still finished his race off nicely to come 3rd and the form since has been boosted by the 2nd and 4th (winner also completed the hatrick that day). He then won NTO at Haydock after again being short of room at a crucial stage, come home nicely in the end. The 3rd has since bolted up (also suffered interference). The trainer is in form the jockey is flying, the draw and track should suit and whilst there will be improvers in the field, I still think this one has another gear in which a big field race like this should really help.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.