** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Noob question

Hi I'm starting with horse racing. I'm from Czech Republic and i don't have experience and i recive some tips from tipsters. I've got some each way tips and i don't know how properly i should bet that. I'm using bet365 and if i go to race i see Tote bets and tick each way box. But i don't see odds, is this normal? I wanted to bet each way myself today and I bet on 1st place and on cover bet 4 places. That was wrong right? Because my horse was third and it was voided. Can anyone please help me. I will be greatful. Thanks a lot

Re: Noob question

Hi I'm starting with horse racing. I'm from Czech Republic and i don't have experience and i recive some tips from tipsters. I've got some each way tips and i don't know how properly i should bet that. I'm using bet365 and if i go to race i see Tote bets and tick each way box. But i don't see odds, is this normal? I wanted to bet each way myself today and I bet on 1st place and on cover bet 4 places. That was wrong right? Because my horse was third and it was voided. Can anyone please help me. I will be greatful. Thanks a lot
:welcome There are no odds with Tote betting, it is pool betting like they have in France where the the money goes into win & place pools & after the Tote take a cut from the pools the money left is divided by the number of winning bets & a return declared. They will show an roughly what a £1 stake might return but not until less than an hour before the race usually. If you want to back each way on the Tote just tick the ew box & you are on win & place, you don't tick the win & the ew. Which race did you bet on? It would help to know & I might be able to work out why it was voided. Rio.

Re: Noob question In addition the Tote take a percentage of the pool which goes to the Government so I would not recommend it as you don't know what your return will be until you receive it. The return is nearly always less than the sp of the horse. If you are not really sure about horse racing I would suggest you don't bet for a while and try to learn. Certain trainers do well at some tracks and not at others. Certain trainers get their horses to peak at certain times during the year every year. Then there is the story of how form works, up and down in class and loads more. I'm still learning :)

Re: Noob question Oh now i see that box in bet slip. So Tote was my mistake. And it was not void but push (my mistake) ... [TABLE=class: bst, width: 693]

[TR=class: lft nbt subheading] [TD]Selections[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: details][TABLE=class: bsdt, width: 692] [TR=class: header nbb, bgcolor: #FBFBFB] [TH=class: ctr c38 first, align: center]No.[/TH] [TH=class: lft c171 mid]Selections[/TH] [TH=class: lft c208 mid]Event[/TH] [TH=class: ctr c78, align: center]Event Date[/TH] [TH=class: ctr c71, align: center]E/W Terms[/TH] [TH=class: ctr c59, align: center]Odds[/TH] [TH=class: ctr c61 last, align: center]Result[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: nbb] [TD=class: rgt first, align: right]1[/TD] [TD=class: lft]Lunar Deity (5)[/TD] [TD=class: lft]3.50 Brighton (cover bet 4 places) Live Stream at-the-races.gif[/TD] [TD=class: ctr, align: center]07/08/2013[/TD] [TD=class: ctr, align: center]None[/TD] [TD=class: ctr, align: center]9.00[/TD] [TD=class: ctr last, align: center]Push[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Noob question

In addition the Tote take a percentage of the pool which goes to the Government so I would not recommend it as you don't know what your return will be until you receive it. The return is nearly always less than the sp of the horse. If you are not really sure about horse racing I would suggest you don't bet for a while and try to learn. Certain trainers do well at some tracks and not at others. Certain trainers get their horses to peak at certain times during the year every year. Then there is the story of how form works, up and down in class and loads more. I'm still learning :)
Doesn't go to government anymore, guv'nor. They sold the Tote to Betfred :ok