Flat Racing ~ Saturday 29th June

3.15 Newcastle: John Smith’s Northumberland Plate (Class 2) (2m19y) A fascinating renewal and the ground could be the key here with a few fancied runners having shown their best form on much better going. Ardlui wont mind the conditions however and has been given a break to come here a fresh horse by trainer Alan King, he could be one step ahead of the handicapper but will need to break well from stall 12. Oriental Fox could be worth supporting at a decent price for Mark Johnston, I don’t think we have seen the best of this ex-Swiss horse and is only a 5yo and should run well. Selections: 2pts Ardlui 9/1

Ladbrokes 1pt EW Oriental Fox 20/1 Paddy Power

Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/newcastle-betting-king-can-keep-up-the-run-for-jump-trainers-in-the-plate-at-newcastle-20130629

Re: Flat Racing ~ Saturday 29th June 16.40 Windsor: Picabo, 9/1 Betvictor, win Picabo ran well lto in a strong handicap at Doncaster. He finished third, 2L behind the winner off top weight. He runs from the same mark today but as he is upped in class he races from a much lighter weight which will help as this race doesn't look a lot stronger than that race. He is usually there or thereabouts and I expect him to be involved at the finish again today. He has won over c&d before and the ground will suit. Trainer Henry Candy is in good form and Liam Keniry is in the saddle. 15.30 Newmarket: Red Jazz, 9/1 William Hill, win Red Jazz has run well in both of his races this season, both at Haydock. He finished third lto in a group 3, 2L behind the winner. He has some solid form in class 1 events and now he has a couple of runs under his belt he should be ready to return to the winners enclousure. Today's trip and ground will suit. Trainer Charlie Hills is in great form, with 6 winners and 5 places from 21 runners in the last week. Talented young jockey James McDonald is in the saddle. 16.05 Newmarket: Forgotten Hero, 8/1 boylesports, win I'm siding with Hills and McDonald again in this race. Forgotten Hero ran a cracker lto in his first attempt at this trip at Chester. He was beaten just ¾L by Area Fifty One. Third place that day won by 7L nto. He should have more top come at this trip and, as he is lightly raced, could improve some more. Today's ground will suit. 16.45 Curragh: Bajan Tryst, 22/1 Betvictor, e/w (1/4, 12345) Bajan Tryst ran a cracker lto in the Scottish Sprint Cup. He finished fifth, 2L behind the winner. The re-opposing Racy finished just under 2L in front that day but is four pounds higher today while BT drops one. He steps back up in trip to 6f which I think is his best trip. The ground will suit. He will need some luck in running but I expext him to run a big race today. Trainer Kevin Ryan sends just one horse over to Ireland today. The top class Pat Smullen is in the saddle. 18.30 Curragh: Libertarian, 4/1 boylesports, win Libertarian ran well lto in the Derby at Epsom. I don't think that track really suited him and he broke slowly but he still managed to finish second, 1½L behind the re-opposing Ruler Of The World. If he breaks well and settles early, I expect him to reverse that form and I don't fear any of the others. Today's ground will suit. Trainer Elaine Burke is in decent form. William Buick travels to Ireland for just two rides but this is the one he is really here for. 15.15 Newcastle: Handsome Man, 11/1 Betvictor, win Handsome Man tries this trip for the first time today. He won impressively over 1m6f last season when he appeared to be still full of running at the end and the trip of 2 miles should be well within his capabilities. He has been narrowly beaten in both of his runs this season but they were both over 1m4f and I think he will improve for the step up in trip. The ground will suit. Saeed Bin Suroor has a good record at Newcastle and Robert Winston is in the saddle.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.