Flat Racing - Thursday 27th June

16.00 Newcastle: Korngold @ 16/1 Bet365 - 1pt win This is an interesting horse even though a quite frustrating sort too. I thought his seasonal reappearance at Beverly recently was one to take note of as Korngold travelled actually quite well in rear but was simply in a position turning for home where he had no chance to win from. He didn't really get the run of the race in the closing stages either and was eased down. Think he could have finished closer if fully ridden out than he did eventually anyway. So he should strip fitter with this run under his belt now, as well as he's down to a low mark, 5lb below his last winning mark, and he has a pretty decent 7lb claimer booked for the ride for a trainer who did well at Newcastle in the last couple of month. I'm slightly worried about the fast ground and the trip which could be a bit on the short side for Korngold, yet it's well worth a chance at this price for mentioned reasons. 20.50 Hamilton: Findog @ 9/1 William Hill @ 9/1 - 2pts win Two impressive performances in a row for this 3yo gelding. He stayed on very well over too short 5f at Musselburgh when having a bit of in-running trouble and he was seriously unlucky in his most recent outing at Hamilton when he travelled like a dream in a 6f Handicap, still on the bridle approaching the 2f marker, but got then into real trouble. He tried to force his way through horses in the closing stages, but he got bumped and short of room and lost every chance to finish in a better position. With the the 4th having won in the meantime I would think this is decent form, and as Findog could be easily a couple of pounds higher in the mark now if he would have get a clear run lto, I think he is well weighted in this race being able to go into this race as a featherweight.

Re: Flat Racing - Thursday 27th June 20.50 Hamilton - Findog 8/1 Betfred I agree with Roberto regarding this one. His last two performances have seen an up turn in form and in both races he was very unlucky not to get the breaks he deserved. In fact I think he got hampered around 3 times in his last race here at Hamilton and he was never really able to get off the bridle. He is drawn in midfield today so he should have more room to manoeuvre and the money has already come in for him as I took 12's last night. The other horse that catches my eye in this race and does come out just on top of my ratings is Bonnie Charlie. He ran a cracker at Haydock winning quite nicely in the end and was much better than the reault LTO in a race not run to suit. He is another that will need luck in running though. Current price 7/1 various.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.