BBOTD Wednesday 19th June

3.45 Ascot Camelot 11/4 Paddy Power BOG Al Kazeem won doing handstands at the Curragh over 10f beating Camelot. I could not believe what I saw and had lots of egg over my face afterwards. In hindsight I like many others underestimated Al Kazeem on the day but in hindsight it was clear the way Camelot capitulated that he was far from fully wound up that day. This time he will be fully fit and will have no excuses and although he needs to improve I feel he will and reverse the places with Al Kazeem. Look at what he did with Declaration Of War? O' Brien's record in this race is second to none but hasn't won with all of his horses - that said he has heaped praise on this horse even before he set foot on a racecourse and he won the Guineas and Derby before being cheated out of the St Leger by Al Zarooni who had all of his horses doped. If he doesn't win tomorrow I feel that O' Brien should retire him. There is an old saying: "fools and their money are easily parted". Let us see if that holds true for tomorrow or will the O' Brien magic work again? 1 point win for nap purposes Camelot 11/4 Paddy Power BOG

Re: BBOTD Wednesday 19th June 17.35 - Ascot - Senafe @ 25/1 Coral - 0.5ew Here we have a filly with bags of potential. Her first win came in a class 6 and was immediately thrown into a class 2 which she went on to win also. She's not been disgraced in class 1 races either, finishing second behind only the favourite on both occasions in this country, one of which was Zurigha who is carrying 5lb more. She put in a decent performance last time out in the German 1000 Guineas, finishing 3rd. She's performed admirably on both heavy and Soft ground and tomorrows good ground could see further improvement from Senafe, she appears to be improving with each run and if the pace is there she is more than capable of making the top 4.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.