BBOTD - Sunday 26th May

15.55 Curragh: Viztoria @ 7/1 VC Have backed this filly ante-post already a couple of weeks ago and I still think she has a really good chance in this, after starting this season with a nice Group 3 win, producing her trademark turn of foot over 7f. I really expect her to run a big race as long as she gets the fast ground at the Curragh tomorrow. It is a a competitive 1.000 Guineas this year though, and she has to be at her best to be successful against some fine fillies like Moth, Maureen or Newmarket 2.000 Guineas 2nd Just The Judge. Posted this a couple of weeks ago in my personal thread anyway:

Usually Irish racing is dominated by Aiden O'Brien but it appears to be that he doesn't has too many exciting 3yo fillies this year' date=' so it fair to assume someone else can win this race in 2013. I'm particularly keen on one filly: The Eddie Lynam's trained [i']Viztoria. She proved to be a top-class juvenile over sprinting distances last year but should be even better over further. She won a Naas maiden in impressive fashion by 7½ lengths in July but the real eye-opener was her big margin win in a Listed race at the Curragh, in the 6f Blenheim Stakes. She travelled like a dream and kicked easily away from 2f out. Johnny Murtagh never had to asked a serious question while her rivals were all flat to the boards. The final winning margin was 7½ lengths - again! This is a fine piece of form with the 2nd winning a competitive Handicap at Naas subsequently and the 3rd finishing runners-up in a Listed race at Dundalk to Lines of Battle who himself is a bright prospect for the new season. But it was the way Viztoria did it. So easily, and that all on heavy ground. She raced once more last year, stepping up in class, right into Group 2 class, finishing 2nd there, only one lengths beaten by multiple Group winner Penny's Picnic. Again a very good performance but I think she didn't show all yet what she's actually capable of. Viztoria should improve massively for a step up in trip though. She is sired by Oratorio. A multiple Group 1 winner over distances varying from 6f to 10f, a winner of the G1 Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere over 7f as a 2yo, and a winner of the Eclipse and Irish Champion Stakes during his 3yo campaign! Viztoria ist out of Viz, a mare who won a Listed race in France over 12f. Even though pedigree is not all it still gives you an impression of what a horse is built for an Viztoria is not made to be a sprinter, she will improve dramatically for the step up to a mile, and maybe even further though. However considering these facts it's getting even more impressive how well she has done over sprinting trips and one can only agree if trainer Eddie Lynam says "she's blessed with speed".

Re: BBOTD - Sunday 26th May

4.25 Kelso: John Smith’s Handicap Chase (Class 3) (3m2f)

Interesting contest and this could be fought out between the top and bottom weights. Lets Get Serious is the classy horse in the race who has shown plenty of potential in the past and could start to deliver now going over a trip. Royale Knight has to be respected off just 10st and with Sam Twiston-Davies coming up to ride for Dr Richard Newland who were a successful combination recently and is worth a saver.

Selections:

1pt Lets Get Serious 7/1

Bet365

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.