** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

GPS Stoke 12th Sept -15th Sept , anyone looking at going?

Danshot

Basically I'm going to try and make it my aim to try qualify for this Leg as my 1st big live event as I can get to see my grandparents around the same time and gives me a realistic aim using the micro sats to start off with. Probably looking to start with £20 and see how close to a seat can get and top up if feel opportunity is worth targeting. That said is there any discussion about when and where Punters Lounge are holding their annual No Limit & PLO games , was gutted to miss out last year (GFs 21st so didn't think a weekend of poker would suit) so that be top priority

The PL meet up is being worked on Dan, might be a week or two before the venue and date is narrowed down, but likely to be Sept/Oct and somewhere in the Midlands in order to try to accommodate as many members as possible. In terms of the GPS, it is important to set yourself a budget. I've personally only played the £5.50 freezeouts and any resultant £55 online finals, although I think there is still a cheaper rebuy available. Managed to ship a seat with my first £5 attempt (which I'll use to try and defend the online leg title), but the attempt at a second has proved more costly, circa £45 so far without a seat. Might be useful to try and cover the cost of your attempts from your usual grind, ie putting 2 to 5% of any tournament wins to one side to use as a "shots" fund. Attempt a sat once your shots fund reaches £5.50. Good luck mate, these and the GUKPT are definitely a great experience.