Jump Racing - Saturday 11th May

Not very often I post here but I think there's some good value out there tomorrow in the last jumps race at Haydock. Aikideau 12/1 16.40 Haydock Bet365 Ladbrokes Victor This race was the first race I studied today because I had a notification that Attaglance was declared. Before studying the race I would've been 95% sure that was the horse I would've backed as its clearly well handicapped now facing fences on decent ground. King Of The Knight would also be interesting - that horse also looks very well treated on hurdles form. However the horse I'm backing is neither of those. I chose to side with bottom weight Aikideau first time out for Paul Nicholls. This horse finished a close 12th behind Zarkandar in the strongest Triumph hurdle of recent years. Just about every horse that finished around him is now rated 130-140. This horse hasn't quite reproduced the same level since switched to fences despite running a very nice race behind the handicap blot and recent grade 2 winner that was Rjadhani Express before falling late on. Aikideau has slipped down to a very tempting mark of 115 and gets into this race with 9-9 on it's back taking off Harry Derham's claim. Whilst it is a competitive race I think the change of scenery will have done this horse the world of good and Paul Nicholls always has his horses very close to optimum fitness first time out. You'd with this would be a mid 130 horse come the end of the summer so you'd hope he'd win this today and 12/1 is a very big price considering.

Re: Jump Racing - Saturday 11th May

3.30 Haydock: Pertemps Network Handicap Hurdle (Grade 3) (2m) An excellent race in prospect here and it should be run at a good pace, you need a strong traveller around this sharp track and Mr Mole fits the bill for me, he has hinted on more than one occasion that he has loads of potential and question shave been asked about his temperament after throwing the race away last time out. I reckon this fast pace will suit him and hopefully will be delivered late and show his turn of foot. Cry Of Freedom improved for good ground and a visor last time and he may be worth following now he has conditions to suit and is in obvious good heart. Selections: 2pts Mr Mole 11/1

Stan James 1pt Cry Of Freedom 11/1 William Hill

Full Preview; http://www.punterslounge.com/haydock-betting-mr-mole-can-strike-late-for-nicholls-in-swinton-hurdle-at-haydock-20130511

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.