Grand National Ante-post

I admit i know NOTHING about the gee-gees, but i start looking around for some juicy ante-post tips about now. there's usually some good odds to be had in march. Sporting Life have CLAN ROYAL, JOLY BEY, COLONEL FRANK and LONGSHANKS. any comments ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Grand National Ante-post Of those i like LONGSHANKS the most. The difficulty with the other 3 is the amount of weight they may have to carry on the day. As it stands they are fine but there is a chance the weights could go up between now and the day of the race. Only Papillon and Red Marauder carried more than 10st 8lb's to victory in the last 10 years. Red Marauder can be considered a fluke winner. Clan Royal is currently on a mark of 10 stone 8lb's and must be considered as he finished 2nd off a mark of 10 stone 10lbs last year. Previous runners dont have a particularly good record though: Anything that has run before should really have a negative mark against it although Amberleigh House bucked the trend last year. 91 have tried with only 3 placings and 2 wins between them. The win was the aforementioned Red Marauder. Joly Bey has a habit of jumping low and quick, not the recipe for the National fences. Colonel Frank, will do well to win carrying a minimum of 10 stone 12lb's. Hope this helps :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.