Flat racing 9th May

Another good midweek fayre tomorrow This is what i wrote on my windsor thread about STARWATCH 7.10 A handicap at last to look at! DUKE OF CLARENCE will not get the race run to suit tonight with its victory here on soft ground, the ground is drying out after a couple of decent sunny days in these parts. You need to be leading here or in front rank as the leaders dont come back to the field. Those prominent runners are STARWATCH and ISHIKAWA and these 2 could lead the others throughout. Ishikawa trained by Alan King who does ok here when he visits, has never won on turf (0 from 7) but won 5 times on the AW from 16 races, lastly off a mark of 74. Jockey SWEENEY has been in the saddle for all 5 wins and rides tonight. STARWATCH is stepping up in trip and has only won up to a mile. Last win was at Goodwood off OR 84 last june and with the claim tonight, the horse runs off OR79 so certainly capable of winning this off 5lb less. The young jockey Twiston-Davies is also having a decent start to the season so wont be surprised if this one goes close. The ground suits also but i wonder if they may take this one to either Epsom or Goodwood next as it acts on undulating tracks so keep an eye out. Runs in the 2.30 at Goodwood tomorrow off the OR79 as WTD again takes the ride. Deffo suited by these sort of tracks. Epsom 31116 Goodwood 455117 Brighton 42338 Thats 16 runs in total at 3 undulating tracks giving a return of 5 wins (31%) and 4 places (25%), whereas career total is 8 from 50 (16%) with 8 places (16%) Squeeze out a couple of extra points with 22/1 Betvictor (mainly 20's)

Re: Flat racing 9th May 2.15 Chester GABRIAL @ 11/4 PP appeals as well tomorrow. Owner stated at the weekend that the horse is possibly the best he has owned, already a course winner over 7f, now needs to prove it will stay 10f, i have a slight concern if the ground does change but i think the horse will get the trip here

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.