BBOTD Saturday 20th

cpo

3.25 Thirsk Xilerator 1pt win @ 16/1 PaddyPower I can’t get this yard right at all and it will probably be the same story tomorrow but I am going to take a chance with Xilerator. This is Dandy’s local track and he does do well here. He won this race a couple of years ago with Joseph Henry and I believe he has a live chance with Xilerator. This horse’s last win came back in 2011 when bolting up at Ayr off 89. He suffered all of last season after being put up 9lbs to 98 and never really looked like getting involved in any race he contested. He has slowly come down the weights and he resumed this year off 89 over an inadequate 6f at Doncaster. He has been dropped another 1lb by the handicapper so is now back below his highest winning mark. Connections have got him straight back out on the track, just a week after his last run. Adrian Nicholls takes over from Shirley Teasdale tomorrow, which is a positive. In 2011 Xilerator needed a run before bolting up at Newcastle by 5l just 12 days later. He ran reasonably well in testing ground last year to finish placed a couple of times but I think he prefers better ground, which he gets tomorrow. He is by Arakan who did all of his winning on quick ground. Hopefully that run a week ago will have blown away the cobwebs, and I would expect Nicholls to get this one into an early lead and try and make all.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 20th 4.25 Ayr - Wyse Hill Teabags 12/1 William Hill BOG Interesting runner for me is this horse. He looked a progressive handicapper last term placing in two top handicaps after a good early season novice campaign. His novice chasing career ended just as quick as it started by unseating half way round. Back from a break he then ran very respectably in the Coral Cup, despite only being midfield when running on from the back of the pack. The form of that race has worked out pretty well already and only a couple of lengths ahead of him that day was Big Easy who won nicely on Thursday. That run and his previous hurdling form give him a very good chance off this mark and whilst the trainer hasnt had a winner yet this month he has a pretty decent record round here considering (15%).

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.