CPO...making it pay

cpo

Hi guys yes me again and yes starting a new thread again! Main reason for doing so is purely to prove to myself that I can remain disciplined. Life is moving forward pretty quickly, which means I can’t just go around wasting money as I have done in the past. No responsibilities have meant I can use pretty much all of my disposable income on punting. My discipline in the past has been terrible and I have often gone through periods of wasting my money chasing losses and having to wait for that next pay-cheque! As BH mentioned in a thread I started yesterday, being selective is the key. I fully believe I am capable of making a regular profit through punting on horseracing but I just need to improve my discipline. This is more of a test to myself to see if I can 100% stick to betting on what I post in this thread. Below is a set of rules, which I will try and stick to in order to keep me on the straight and narrow! Golden Rules! 1.Don’t chase losses 2.Don’t bet more as you believe yourself to be in a lucky period! 3.ONLY place bets that are posted in this thread 4.Don’t let losing runs affect my selection process 5.Don’t blindly follow “tips” or market moves 6.Don’t allow paper/website comments to sway me 7.Don’t increase stakes and bet in every race just because it’s Royal Ascot or any other big meeting. 8.Don’t back in maidens where every runner has yet to see a racecourse As you can see I have quite a few bad habits. There are probably others that I can’t think of right now but I’m sure will come to me. I’ll stick to the usual starting bank of 100pts and bets ranging from 1-5pts. Selections will more often than not be posted the night before if prices are available. My Selection Process For day-to-day racing I tend to look mainly at handicaps with 8 or more runners. I don’t have a preference in terms of jumps or flat but I have to admit I feel more excited about the upcoming flat season as I did with the jumps. I do enjoy trying to fathom out better class racing such as listed/group class as I just get more enjoyment from watching better horses. Once I have found a race that I like the look of, I will then simply narrow the field down as much as I can until I have 3 or 4 horses. Things I look at are: -trainer form -trainer stats -ground -distance -horse form -OR -jockey form -course form -race history -days since last run (ability to go well fresh?) So basically I look at just about everything. Once I have my shortlist of a few horses I can then watch as many replays as I like to and narrow it down to one horse. I very rarely back more than 1 horse in a race. I would say most of my selections are normally 3/1+ as I don't have the patience to back shorties all the time. Going to be bumpy ride but I am sure at the end of this process (hopefully during) I will become a much better punter! Apologies for rambling on so much :p Chris :hope

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.