NEW TO RACING. LOOKING FOR SOME INFO PLEASE.

Hi. I'm new to the site and new to betting on the horses so I was wondering if someone could give me some information with regards to form. For example - Let's say there is a race over 6 furlongs with 12 horses in it. There is a 25/1 outsider in stall one next to the rails, carrying 8st 7lb and the 5/4 favourite is in stall 10 carrying 9st 7lb. Because the outsider has less weight and a better draw, does this give it a better chance of winning against the favoutite ? Any advice will be gratefully received and thanks for your help in advance.

Re: NEW TO RACING. LOOKING FOR SOME INFO PLEASE. Hi Foxey, theres loads of things you have to take into consideration when looking at the form, your example is far too simplistic and as you probably know it just doesn't work like that. Horses are handicapped on their ability and theoretically should all have an equal chance no matter what weight they carry, horses with lower weights have no advantage, they carry less because they are inferior animals. You have to look deeper than that, the main things to look at are the going, the track, current form etc...The draw can be important but this will have been included in the price and is not something i have high on my list of priorities, some may argue about that, anyway just because its drawn near a rail doesn't necessarily mean it has an advantage. Have a look through the thread in the stickies at the top of the page, some more detailed info in there to chew on. Good luck and feel free to ask anything and i'm sure someone will be glad to help:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.