Rugby League: super league X (round 4)

Well what can i say, my beloved trinity were on the end of a bizarre 72-8 thrashing last week putting the good work of the first two rounds to waste. That result means that going into the 4th game we have a situation where wakefield beat bradford, who beat wigan, who beat salford, who beat london who beat wakefield:loon. Only leeds are unbeaten and only Leigh haven't won. Just to make it more mouthwatering the top teams all have problems in one way or another making the competition truly intense and confirming my thoughts that a so-called 'big-side' could well be going down. So what are the bookies offering this week? i'll start using betandwin for the odds cause they're up nice and early and IMO they're offering some good value. First up is St.Helens(-8) away at Warrington. St.Helens have their injury problems with Sculthorpe and Long out but Warrington have only 15 senior players fit, the rest of the squad will be made up with senior academy players. In addition Warrington have been poor so far. They blew a 10 point lead at London, limped home against Leigh and were outclassed by Hull last week. They are the 'big side' i was alluding to when i said there might be one going down as they remind me of trinity a few years back when we assembled a very expensive squad then played rubbish all year and nearly went bankrupt. Although warrington are unlikely to go bankrupt as they have a rich benefactor, although so did wakefield at the time:unsure The next one is a cracking handicap Hull(-4) away at Salford. Well what can i say about this? Hull are going better than probably any side in superleague, a near fully fit squad as far as i know, ran leeds close in the opening fixture, beat a huddersfield side that are a good outfit at home and beat warrington last week. They should beat the handicap with plenty to spare. And the last one London(+12) away at Bradford. I can just see the handicap setters logic here. Wakefield beat bradford by 12, London beat wakefield by 66, so lets give london a 12 point start against bradford. eh?????? London surprisingly have the 2nd best defense in the league so far and i just can't see how they will lose this by more than 12. Personally i'd have set it at London +6 simply because of Bradfords home advantage. so: 10pts Hull(-4)@1.9 (betandwin) 5pts London(+12)@1.9(betandwin) 5pts St.Helens(-8)@1.9(betandwin) Good luck:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.