False start to the Flat

Looking at tomorrow's cards..............3 All Weather Meetings Does anyone else think this is ridiculous - that the Flat season has been underway for going on two weeks and we have 3 AW meetings on one day (and none on turf !) Every year that passes the beginning of the Flat season seems more and more ludicrous............. Why oh Why can't they just move the Lincoln Meeting to the week after the Grand National to be followed by the Craven and Greenham meetings during the next week to make a proper start to the Flat ? Is it something to do with Easter ?...................do they move the Grand National meeting depending on when Easter is ?...........and would they have to move the Lincoln Meeting around ? If they want to preserve Good Friday as a 'no racing' day, which I suspect is behind all these moveable meetings, why can't they just have The Friday card on the Sunday when it coincides with easter ?

Re: False start to the Flat Whilst i agree with all you put, we now have to accept...the Cheltenham Paddy Power is the start of the jumps, and the Chester may meeting is the start of the flat, alot of rubbish in between, except for a few races. I do think the fixture list is cramped with low grade meetings. The bookies love it.:\

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.