Stoke City v Aston Villa > Sat 6th April

[TABLE=class: couponTable, width: 617] [TR=class: row0, bgcolor: #F0F0F0] [TD=class: firstColumn]Stoke City v Aston Villa (15:00 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.45[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd, align: center]3.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp, align: center]102.25 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Stoke City v Aston Villa > Sat 6th April Not so sure about Villa getting a result. They haven't won at a team of Stoke's calibre (11-15) in the last 3 seasons and I can't see them starting now, esp with their defence. Unders looks the way to go with 52% of Stoke games against bottom opposition going under in the last 5 years. VIlla have gone under 78% in that time (data based on roughly 23 home and away (where applicable) games in total). Stoke this season are 6 7 2 at home with Unders 60% of the time. Villa are 3 5 7 on the road with 40% unders. Think overall that's the play here. If pushed to bet would opt for the draw as recent meetings are 2 6 1 but if Stoke were to win it wouldn't be by more than 1 goal (4/6 this term and 8/12 in the last 5 years against teams of Villa's calibre).

Re: Stoke City v Aston Villa > Sat 6th April Stoke won once this YEAR and that was against Reading. Stoke isn't the fortress it use to be and if they don't go down this year, they are going down next. They don't score goals and have scored 1 goal in their last 5 games. Villa are playing decent stuff and their front 3 score goals so I'll be on Villa here. Get on early I say. Nice value 5pts on Aston Villa 3/1 BetWay

Draw 12/5 @ Bet365 - I fancy this to end up all square tomorrow. Stoke have been dragged into the relegation fight and are only 4 points ahead of Villa who are in 18th so I think Stoke would be reasonably satisfied with a point to stay 4 clear of the relegation zone. Aston Villa have been in good form of late and they are scoring goals but also conceding them. On the other hand Stoke are really struggling for goals but have been relatively solid of late. This should be an interesting game and there is not a lot to choose between these two sides at the moment. Aston Villa are definitely in better form but Stoke are very difficult to beat at the Britannia Stadium. Stoke have drawn 7 of their 15 home games and Villa have drawn 5 of their 15 away games so i think the value is on the draw here. Also, the last 4 games between these two sides has ended in a draw so I'll take the 12/5 for the draw in this one.

Don't forget that Villa have been poor at the back all season, especially from balls into the box. Something I still think Stoke can exploit, despite their obvious frailties. The draw is probably more favourable, although Stoke with some draw cover is often a decent choice. They're usually pretty weak when short priced, but above evens isn't so bad.

Don't forget that Villa have been poor at the back all season' date=' especially from balls into the box. Something I still think Stoke can exploit, despite their obvious frailties. The draw is probably more favourable, although Stoke with some draw cover is often a decent choice. They're usually pretty weak when short priced, but above evens isn't so bad.[/quote'] Agree with Jase here, Stoke will be a big threat from set pieces here as that's a major weakness if this Villa side. A couple of interests on the likes of Shawcross and Huth to score anything would appeal. Betfair before kick-off should offer the best prices, although Bwin currently go 14.0 on Shawcross, when he is generally between 7.0-10.0. 0.75pts Ryan Shawcross anytime scorer @14 Bwin 0.75pts Robert Huth anytime scorer - betfair - wait to near kick off

Re: Stoke City v Aston Villa > Sat 6th April Stoke have been disappointing this season, not even feared at home anymore I'd say. I dont trust Villa's defence or centre mids but if they can get a foothold in the game and avoid conceding in the first half hour, I think they might be able to frustrate a one-dimensional Stoke side. Odds look close to right to me so gonna take a chance on something a little different today. Stoke vs Aston Villa UNDER 1.5 goals @ 3.20 (Boylesports: 2pts)

Agree with Jase here, Stoke will be a big threat from set pieces here as that's a major weakness if this Villa side. A couple of interests on the likes of Shawcross and Huth to score anything would appeal. Betfair before kick-off should offer the best prices, although Bwin currently go 14.0 on Shawcross, when he is generally between 7.0-10.0. 0.75pts Ryan Shawcross anytime scorer @14 Bwin 0.75pts Robert Huth anytime scorer - betfair - wait to near kick off
Nothing doing here -1.5pts

Re: Stoke City v Aston Villa > Sat 6th April

Stoke won once this YEAR and that was against Reading. Stoke isn't the fortress it use to be and if they don't go down this year, they are going down next. They don't score goals and have scored 1 goal in their last 5 games. Villa are playing decent stuff and their front 3 score goals so I'll be on Villa here. Get on early I say. Nice value 5pts on Aston Villa 3/1 BetWay
good win here. I'll continue to go against Stoke until end of season