The Road to Ruin...

hebert10

Re: The Road to Ruin... Appreciate the comments here alot, good to see others opinions on things. :ok Definately still in the learning stages which is primarily why I made the thread for input like the above ^^ and to stay disciplined. Will post up more hands so I can hopefully get some feed back as I play, plenty of leaks to be tweeked. :unsure

Re: The Road to Ruin... I was being over tight I think now on reflection. Just out of interest here are the poker stove results 1st we have with the flop as played - as you can see you will be approx 80/20 in your favour on that board. Preflop it's about 75/25 if you assign villain any pair any broadway and any Ax suited. Pretty standard range for a micro tournament player. So on that flop you loose against their range 1 in 5. Pre flop you loose 1 in 4 against the range. Get yourself pokerstove it's free. You can play around with scenario's in your spare time and it will help you understand the way to push/fold in later stages of tournament play and also sng's. Also google and download PushBot Rev 4.2 Both these are invaluable "tools" for anyone serious about taking up tournament poker. ext results appended to pokerstove.txt 234,630 games 0.005 secs 46,926,000 games/sec Board: 2d 3d 4d Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 19.298% 18.32% 00.98% 42973 2306.50 { 22+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo, T9o } Hand 1: 80.702% 79.72% 00.98% 187044 2306.50 { KcKd } --- 426,363,696 games 0.001 secs 426,363,696,000 games/sec Board: Dead: equity win tie pots won pots tied Hand 0: 23.195% 22.75% 00.44% 97006318 1889157.00 { 22+, A2s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, ATo+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo, T9o } Hand 1: 76.805% 76.36% 00.44% 325579064 1889157.00 { KcKd } ---

Re: The Road to Ruin... Downloaded Pokerstove and got to say for a free program it really does help your game so thanks for that! Hoping to get a good bit of poker in for the easter weekend haven't been putting in much volume at all lately. Heres some results since I started, not 100% accurate as it's nowhere near as good as PT but once this new comp comes I'll make sure to get it set up straight away. updateo.jpg Bankroll: $1237.81

Re: The Road to Ruin... #Game No : 310839008 ***** Cassava Hand History for Game 310839008 ***** $50/$100 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** Tournament #46297410 $20 + $2 - Table #42 (Real Money) Seat 2 is the button Total number of players : 9 Seat 1: TITOR1001 ( $5,161 ) Seat 2: gatitos7 ( $2,894 ) Seat 3: BlackNisol ( $3,343 ) Seat 4: danielmorar ( $2,701 ) Seat 5: SAMSCOTT3 ( $2,885 ) Seat 6: hebert8 ( $6,104 ) Seat 7: dorinmorar ( $5,494 ) Seat 9: ineedustack ( $1,962 ) Seat 10: csabalinca ( $2,705 ) BlackNisol posts small blind [$50] danielmorar posts big blind [$100] ** Dealing down cards ** Dealt to hebert8 [ Js, Jh ] SAMSCOTT3 folds hebert8 raises [$215] dorinmorar folds ineedustack calls [$215] csabalinca raises [$500] TITOR1001 folds gatitos7 folds BlackNisol folds danielmorar folds hebert8 calls [$285] ineedustack calls [$285] ** Dealing flop ** [ 2c, Qd, Jd ] hebert8 checks ineedustack checks csabalinca bets [$300] hebert8 raises [$670] ineedustack folds csabalinca calls [$370] ** Dealing turn ** [ Ts ] hebert8 checks csabalinca bets [$1,535] hebert8 calls [$1,535] ** Dealing river ** [ 4d ] ** Summary ** hebert8 shows [ Js, Jh ] csabalinca shows [ Kh, Kc ] hebert8 collected [ $6,060 ] Just wandering how any others of you would have played this hand, player was tight and had no reason to think he was a bad player? Some would have put him on AK? But if he was a good player he wouldn't have re-raised AK as my table image here was super tight since we had been sitting there so he would have know I had something decent?

Re: The Road to Ruin... Right, heres my final stats with the app I've been using. updatefy.jpg Not too happy with these results, I know I'm still in profit and it's a small sample size but I feel I could be doing alot better here. Not going to go blame running bad or bad beats because at the end of the day you make your own luck. If I keep plugging away and finding more leaks/weaknesses in my game I'm sure I can hit a few decent scores this year. Will start recording results with Pokertracker from tomorrow. Bankroll: $1238.37

Re: The Road to Ruin... Ok got my 1st graph since getting the new comp and will try to update weekly how things are progressing. Made a couple of FT this weekend and a few deep runs but keep getting unlucky when it matters most, hopefully things even themselves out soon. currentgraph.jpg Fairly happy with how things are progressing, as I'm playing more I definitely feel I'm getting better. Hopefully I can put some more volume in but it's hard around work, Weekends are probably going to be the bread and butter (Sundays mostly). Still though, I'm doing Ok and sticking to goals so far. Bankroll: $1250.75

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Road to Ruin... Ok, not updated for a couple of weeks not really played that much in all honesty. Hoping to get a good few tournies in this weekend though hopefully can win big. Been on a little bit of a downswing few the last few tournies been getting some tough beats but hopefuly they'll pass. Here's the current graph: currentgraph.jpg Bankroll: $1094.03 Still up overall so can't complain and mostly sticking to my rules, playing when tired is one I've been breaking and definitely had an affect in some tournaments but I'll look to work on that. Will update again soon, probably Sunday night. (After I've won the Red Spade Open hopefully :loon)

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The Road to Ruin... Been happy with my game lately I'm getting in the right spots but getting unlucky at the wrong times. Graph so Far: currentgraph.jpg PKR Stats (untrackable with PT): pkrstatsu.jpg If I keep getting in the right spots and playing as I have been I'm pretty confident I can improve and start to get even better results. Bankroll: $1220.37 Still up by over $200 since I started this though so no complaints. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Road to Ruin... Been a while, volume hasn't been up to what I expected to be playing but trying to get in as much as I can. Have been railing some better players lately and I feel my games still improving a lot since I started this, graph doesn't look amazing but I'm still sure I can turn this around. Am starting to get a better schedule now though and a grasp of what tournaments I do and don't do so well in. Bankroll has been kind of up and down getting back to the same place in the last couple of months but with the main aim of this to becoming a better player I think I'm achieving my goals. At least I'm not spewing off money like I used to. Been coming close in some big tourneys so hopefully I can get some kind of decent score this year, have started to play a few of the 'hots' and 'bigs' on Stars mainly for the value they offer and if I can bink one of these my graph should look a lot easier on the eye. Also, the PL games have been helping immensely as the quality is some of the highest around! Will try to update this more often aswel (If anyones still following!:lol) Here are the graphs so far: currentgraphm.jpg Sky Poker and PKR (Untrackable with PT) pkrstats.jpg BR: $1118.97

• 3 weeks later...

Re: The Road to Ruin... Things here have gone completely t!ts up, Have broken a few of my rules through tilt and just generally playing stupidly. Not even going to post my graph it's that bad at the moment. Seems i'm too impatient to strictly follow my rules here so I think I might have to re-evaluate things here. More than likely going to stop this thread for now as I don't think the discipline is there. Pokers a game that requires hours/weeks/years of time to master and even then its sometimes still not enough. With work and other stuff I just can't commit to putting the hours in required at this time. Will carry on playing recreationally for now (PL games and a few others I enjoy). Hopefully can bink a few luckily here and there :loon Thanks to everyone for the support in this though was fully appreciated! Might start up a new thread soon with a more fun aspect to it that doesn't make me look as much of a prat :lol

• 1 month later...

Re: The Road to Ruin... Right, have just re-read my last message above, not going to quit so easily. Have withdrawn quite a bit of the last bankroll so will start with what I have left across various sites which is $250. STRICTLY sticking to 1% of bankroll a tournament, no exceptions (Unless won through a Sat within BR). Won't be playing as much as I was before as works pretty hectic, but when I have time I will. Will also update after every session, winning or losing to keep discipline, started playing really stupidly before and playing tournaments out of my bankroll and a downswing didn't help things! First sessions today :hope

Re: The Road to Ruin... cheers lads, started so well last time to just f#ck it up completely, think it might have been because I was playing too much. Played about 3 tourneys today just playing a FT on 888 in a $500 Gtd, hopefully can extend the bankroll early, only 6 left $140 up top. Will probably play the Stud tourney Dan, how you been getting on in the MM?

Re: The Road to Ruin... Actually enjoyed playing today, felt I played well, got donked out on a few times, some bothered me more than others but oh well it happens. Played 12 Tourneys with 1 FT so not all bad, only managed a 5th but thought I played well and couldn't have done much more just wasn't getting any cards. kmv7.jpg Bankroll: $265.39