Running a tipping comp advice

Hi All, I am running a Cheltenham Tipping Comp - There are about 20 of us I am giving everyone 100pts a day to use how they want over the races. My question is what's the best way of working out the results? Do i do it based on profit? So if some one had 50pt win on a 2/1 shot they would win 100pts? Also, those that do not win anything, would you record that as -100 or as 0. Surely recording as -100 would scupper their chances on getting back into the competition for the remaining days? Any advice is much appreciated Chris

Re: Running a tipping comp advice Definitely base it on profit or some will back the odds on shots so they get their stake back. I always counted the losses as a minus as this is what happens in real life but i see your point and if its just a bit of fun and you want to keep them all involved then doing it the other way is fine. Stick to SP's is my advice as taking prices causes all sorts of problems if its competitive. Good luck:ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.